How can I forward mail to contacts in a group in Yahoo Mail?

joe shannon January 6, 2011

I have Yahoo Mail. How do I forward eMails to my contacts in a group?

1. timmyjohnboy

FYI, Posterous has a new groups feature which they call "email lists on steroids." In many ways it could be better than Yahoo groups.

http://timmyjohnboy.com/2011/01/06/posterous-groups-can-help-keep-your-group-in-touch/

I think forwarding an email to a group is as easy as forwarding to the email address Posterous gives you.

Exporting your Yahoo Groups users is a cinch: http://help.posterous.com/import-your-yahoo-group-contacts-to-posterous

Hi

When the email is ready to send Click on
    bcc and choose your group
    then click on Ok
    and send.

Once you have entered all the contacts into a group, you simply put in the first letter of the group, and select it. I use bcc, so as not to give out everyone's email addresses. For instance, I have a group named "Friends." I put the people that I email often in that group. After I hit "forward," I select
    "show bcc," then in the bcc line I type the letter "f" and all my contacts that have an "f" in their names or email addresses show up. I highlight "friends" and hit "send."

CREATE A CATEGORY/GROUP IN YAHOO CLASSIC:
    1. Click the Contacts tab to open your Yahoo Address Book.
    2. Check the boxes (less than 100 to a group) next to the names you want in a group.
    3. In the window on the right, click on Add to Category.
    4. Enter a title for the category in the box that opens in this window.
    5. Click Done.

When you wish to send an email to a category/group:
    1. After you click on New or Forward to open the Compose Page, click on TO and your address book will open on top of the page you are in.
    2. Look above the list and click on the little blue Categories link to open your list of Categories.
    3. Check the box(s) next to the Title you wish to Send or Forward to. To protect your friends security and privacy, enter the names you wish to hide in the Bcc field.
    4. Go to the top of the list and click on "Insert Checked Contacts."
    The address book will close and the Title of the group you selected will be in the field(s) you selected. All of the names in that group will receive the email.