How do you get Mac’s iCal to sync with Google Calendar?

Alison June 10, 2010

How do you get Mac’s iCal to sync home / work calendars to Google Calendar? Anyone know how to do this?

I cannot accept any invitations in Mac Mail without going through a 6 step laborious process that removes all other invitees from the event. This is because when I accept any invitation in Mac Mail, it goes to either my home or work calendar in iCal, the native Mac calendars.

It does not allow me to accept into or copy it over to one of my Google calendars, so I have to duplicate, change calendars on one duplicate, then go through another series of steps so that all other invitees do not get notices of my changes. So it is entirely 1-way syncing, which is pointless when you get a bunch of invitations.

Running non-GMail on a brand new Macbook. Seems like a really basic thing, but cannot find a resolution anywhere. Any help much appreciated!!

1. fruitgeek.wordpress.com
    • Alison

thanks, but unfortunately I had followed all the steps to a T on that article when I first set this up..but it still doesn't work. My google calendar account email is included in my address book card, still does not want to work with me...