Why is Mac better than Windows?

Shannon November 12, 2011

Everybody says that Mac is better than Windows. Why do you think this is true or untrue? I can’t decide which to choose.

1. Manny

Ok guys here is how it goes down. I can say that I've tried most flavors of opertive systems including windows, mac, Unix, and Linux so I'll be talking about my own expirience with those. As a network administrator and not just a fool who says that knows about computers I found out this:

Don't get me wrong I used MAC myself but there is nothing like Windows and linux why?

Mac is user friendly it has nice features and it has a robust OS but that's about it. I mean I know It work great with certain desing programs as well as picture and music editing

2. Alex

Guys instead of saying bull. Go to Alienware's site and look at the power and looks and PRICES of the computers. Compare them to mac and then shut up =)

3. Alex

Hey guys, I really don't care about this argument. I own both, and they are both good. For example the operating system of the mac is simple to use (for noobies), but anything concerning games is bad. And for the "look" the macs do not look better. Go on the internet and search Alienware laptop, and you will see which one looks better. They are both nice, but the PCs have many more options into hardware and software customizing.

4. Yoshizakura

Plus the PC users are forgetting one important thing. To get a monitor for a PC as good as the mac screen, you'd have to spend a serious amount of money.

5. Tani

Depending on the finances, get a mac, you don't like the OS install windows on bootcamp. I own a macbook pro- don't like it. I use windows 7 on bootcamp.

• Yoshizakura

Had 3 PC's in 2 years. Switched to mac 4 years ago, never once had a single issue. I only go on experience. PC's are built from components by many manufacturers, therefore quality control can sometimes be hit and miss. Apple are the only people to build macs. Quality control is assured. Yes if you're a gamer, maybe a mac isn't what you need. So get a console or a PC. but really this isn't a reason to say how macs are bad. They aren't. They're just not duped up gaming machines. I wouldn't go running a race in climbing shoes.

windows>mac ! mac SUCKS !!!!!

• Matt

Wow, that sure was one well thought out, intelligent, and simply inspiring statement. -_- it's people like you that truly epitomize the vast majority of simpleminded, ignorant, and stubborn PC users/debators(if you can consider your frankly idiotic statement an argument...).

• john

Literacy > automated thesaurus! Put your Macbook down and read a real book before you drum up more trollish insults, you pompous, bloated, spoiled brat of an oil baron! PC forever!!

7. Karl

Well I Own Both a Mac i7 3.4Ghz and a i7 PC.

Mac is more stable than the PC for my uses but love the fact that I have 3 screens on my PC.

Software Wise, well same shet... Had crashes on Mac as well as Windows.

Advantage goes to windows software wise, where I'm from it's much easier to go to a shop and get software for windows than it is to download 7gb software from app store.

In my opinion, get what ever system makes you happy.

Just my 5 cents

8. Bryan Stanley

bought a pc for 1600, lasted year and a half. Now deciding on a MAC

9. Stefan Keil

Helpless, boring, strange = PC Users

10. Ken

From being a hardcore windows users and putting up with all the frustrations I have encountered I would honestly and simply put it that if you are buying a new computer go with apple.  The operating system is just fast and simple. 
    If you are already on windows and have an investment that you can't port over then you should stick with windows.. Good Luck

11. Gordo

Having purchased a MacBook pro I can safely say it's the worst £1000 I've ever spent. The worst feature without a doubt the worst feature is safari. Although not great windows pcs are much better

Well, for one you could simply install Windows on your MBP instead of Mac OS X. Also you can download Firefox, Chrome, Opera, or w/e for OSX if you don't like Safari.

I think the MacBook Pro surpasses any other laptop in terms of quality and in addition (or as replacement) to OSX you can install any other operating system you want.

12. kami

Who ever says that Mac is not good enough , then you obviously dont have enough money to buy one and youre jelous

• Gewath

If you can't buy a Mac because you can't afford it, then you automatically also can't buy a different PC the price of a Mac. Because you can't afford it. Directly comparing two products with vastly different pricing is pure and utter idiocy.

Mac isn't technically better than most other equivalently-priced laptops. It's just that Apple doesn't sell in the lower price market, because they make more money by having 'exclusive' products that make you feel all special inside from owning them.

13. Shiro

Don't waste money on a mac. Over priced and utter shite

• Nathan

I'm on my MacBook Air right now, and I can tell you it is definitely not "shite". I agree with the overpriced though, the price should be lowered but I like Mac, it has an awesome design inside and out, and Mac OS X.

14. Jimmt

PCs are cheaper, Macs may or may not look better to you, depending on your taste. I find mac hard to use compared to Windows 7 because you have to drag everything around, so it's bad for using multiple windows. PCs are faster in general, and use RAM more efficiently.

• Mcfunthomas

I've been using a few systems: Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Irix n can testify that using Unix based systems is a shear pleasure. Windows always dissapoits me. I don't know how you calculated n state that Windows uses RAM better than Mac OS n frankly speaking doubt you can explain me with other words than like "I feel it". If you're happy with your Win-PC machine, fine.

When you talk about Macs there are really 2 things you need to compare before you decide to buy one...

1st is the hardware, does the hardware that Apple offers meet your needs. For some people this is a deal breaker where they need much better graphic cards than what Apple uses. Also, if you buy a Mac, are you sure the only thing you'll want to upgrade is the memory, because that's about all you can upgrade. 
    If you can live with what they offer then this isn't a problem.

2nd is the Operating System & software... While you can install Windows on a Mac, it will run an extra $200.00 to do that... so lets just assume you will be using OSX... generally OSX is more stable than Windows, however that comes at a cost of compatible software, there is much less software available for Macs, however most Mac users seem pretty satisfied with what is available... however if you want to use the Mac for work, make sure the software you need is made for Macs. Some companies require you to use certain programs that may not be compatible with Mac, so make 100% sure you are good before getting a Mac.

16. Shane Tuck

I think it depends what you want to use it for, if you want it for learning, games, and testing programs, windows... if you want it for work, elegance, speed, and want to keep your computer safe, mac. I think I am being clear that mac would be a better opcion, and if you have a mac, you can buy the windows paralleles completely legal, so you can switch beetween windows and os x... or Hackintosh for windows, it gives you mac for windows, but it is more "pirative" and complicated, that is why I use macs...

17. Chngan

All these years, I have been a PC user. Mostly Windows O/S and recently trying Linux. Two days ago, I went to Mac shop intending to buy an iMac for next year. After seeing some demo, Wow! I was really impressed by it. Simply put, a wonderful experience on a computer. Definitely I am going to get one in 2012.
    Even though a bit pricey, it is worth it - the hardware is much better compared to PC. I think the price for iMac is similar to those high-quality built hardware for desktop PC.

18. Ken

Ok, Here's another experience.  Long time and still windows user.  I find that people who don't do a lot with windows don't usually have many problems.  For those like me, who like to do lots of different things in windows, I can find everything wrong.  I think I attract software bugs.  Ever since I've known windows it seems I have been able to find every problem there is to have!  Recent example,  Windows is pushing it's Windows Server to the average user.  Just try and see how many home users can actually setup their router with no problems, or even register their domain through the software.  Then my client pc was no longer visible to the server for some mysterious reason.  Only after a reinstall was it fixed.  If I have problems with it imagine the problems the home user has with it.  I want to stay with windows, because usually their are more programs with more functions, but I am being driven away.  I'm getting too old to deal with the hours of problem solving on pcs.

I can't count how long windows startup is even after cleaning it up.  I can't count how many times I have had certain folder contents take forever to appear for some unknown reason.  I have recently bought an apple for my kids and I have to say it's quick when using, quick when starting up, and it just works. 

I can honestly say after 20 years of pc if it wasn't for my work using pc and the 2 true windows programs I don't think work as well with mac (ps elements and quicken) I would make the full move to apple.   Like I say I am still a pc person, but would highly recommend apple to anyone.  I mean look at the thought apple puts into stuff.  2 Finger scrolling to go page down, 3 finger to move pages.  I'm impressed.  Good luck to all and hope that helps.

19. william roberts

"Everybody says that Mac is better than Windows."  This sounds like a troll.  The debates about which is best get extremely heated and there are imbeciles who enjoy starting or participating in the battles.  I have to ask: are you one of those?

Let's look at that statement: "Everybody says that Mac is better than Windows."  Please define "everybody".  The 2011 statitstics (from Gartner Group) suggest that Mac has under 5% global market share, so everybody MAY say mac is better but everybody uses windows.  Older readers may recall video recorders: Betamax was technically superior but everybody bought VHS.  Is the same true of mac/windows?  Probably not, bottom line is they address different markets but many end users don't know which market they belong in.

20. n0xx

IMHO, Apple has made a very good environment for the Mac. Although its is a walled garden of an environment, it does give the sense of  more stability and robustness in their operating system. Just as it is done in Linux environment, software updates in Mac OS environment are handled far more superior and simpler (one check for update checks for OS updates and another in app store checks for installed applications/ software updates) than the Windows counterparts (download updates for each of your installed software separately... bah!). 

I work as a notebook technician as my day job and i could say that Mac notebook hardware has a certain standard  of quality which at least if compared to a Windows machine, fulfills the medium to very high level machines. The Macs also has very "neat" engineering inside their machines.

In Windows world, from my experience, the quality standards of components and equipments used by the OEM could go VERY low at times. Not to mention build quality of the product which vary largely over different OEMs and product ranges, giving users different, sometimes confusing experiences over their Windows machine. (e.g.: User experience on Windows 7 on a crappy cheap notebook will be so much different to one on a high end notebook). These differences are somewhat non-existent in the Mac line-up of products, which means user experience of the product is far more streamlined.

21. Roger

Whats to compare. To sum it up if the Mac were the end all be all superior desktop, it would be setting on a 92% market share of coporate, personal, server usage which it is NOT! I wonder why that is? Hmmm. A toy in a business world. Apple is more concerned about maintaining that marketing machine, to keep the cult alive rather than truely invocating and bringing new and partnered technology to the market. That philosophy has migrated to the mobile communcation market with the Iphone, but even thats facing some stiff cutting edge competition with Google and Android now controlling 50% of the market. Old school in a modern world never cuts it.

22. Jonathan

As Mhammer mentioned, you can have both. This is an option which I think many people overlook and solves many of the problems people might have with switching to Windows/Mac.

23. Mjevolve

hello .
    its not appreciable and rather , theres no need for replying in such a harsh clamorous tone. the topic is not a do or die debate or a decider for all generations to nail a final conclusion as to which thing is the best.
    because , for any sane and a pragmatic person would know that there is no thing like - The Best .

everything has its pros and cons.
    and it just narrows down to the point where, what type of pros cons some one is comfortable to live with and get whatever job they are upto, accomplished according to their requirements .

such type of discussions can go on for all eternity , so , 
    there is always a better way of putting forth ones opinion rather than targeting what some else said .

say what you have to say and if you were to , comment politely on what ever any other person has said .

thats a gentleman's way of participating in a conversation .

you said what ever, from your experience , 
    and i put forth what ever i knew from my experience .
    simple .!

and again ,
    if i were to put forward what i know about Graphics and Media ,  
    the tools i mentioned are used by the Pros in Hollywood,
    and from people i know and interact with I guarantee it is
    very rare to find anyone still using Mac to render graphics. 

In truth, a
    normal PC or Mac does not even have the fire power to render the
    graphics, most people in the graphics business lease resources from
    something called Render Farms.

i hope it makes sense .

a good day ...

MJ .

Hello, I think that what these answers are accomplishing is to confuse the poster even more.  Just give your opinion without attacking other people so that the person asking the question can make an informed decision.  What is the sense in offending other people because they have a different opinion/point of view?  It is not like you have a monetary stake on who outscores the other with an answer.  Unless you are getting paid to defend Windows or Mac, what is the sense in defending either one of them?  They do not need anybody to defend them, they do good on their own.

Personally, my problem is that most people automatically associate a Mac with using/being limited to Mac OS X which simply isn't true.

A Mac is a PC like any other one which in addition to your favorite Linux distro or Windows version also runs Mac OS X without any hacks required.

Also hardware restrictions only effect Mac OS X ~ for example if you run Linux or Windows native (Boot Camp or stand-alone) on a Mac Pro can plug in your GTX590 and start playing Battlefield 3 or whatever is up on your radar.

25. Osama

stylish + sleek + costly = MAC
    modifieable + gaming + cheap = PC

How can someone associate Windows with freedom?  Isn't it kina the default choice?
    Isn't Microsoft the first thing that comes to mind when someone says Monopoly?
    You don't have access to their code.
    The fact that there is so much software available for the Windows platform really only illustrates this point.  It has enjoyed market dominance for both business and home use going on forever.  Companies must release Windows versions of their software otherwise they would be ignoring 98% of the computer market.  This is forced, by a very well established market.

Linux = Freedom
    Windows = the opposite of freedom, the default.
    Mac = another choice

Worth mentioning also- You can legally run Windows on a Mac, in a variety of ways.  Dual boot with Bootcamp, virtualized with VBOX or Parallels, or just the apps with Wine.  I prefer VBox when I must enter the dark world of Windows.
    Although it can technically be done, you cannot legally run OSX on a PC.

27. Mjevolve

Macs -- are  simple , quick ,
    overall ( hardware and software ) .and you also get to enjoy some good coded
    software’s that come’s pre bundled with a Mac like Garage band and I don’t  remember , like a few others like iLife .

Mac’s are for
    someone like a noob , a beginner , just open up the box and start using
    keep using and using .

Nothing more , nothing less ..

But then Mac is a closed OS . doesn’t allow much to tinkle with .

Less amount of flexibility . you cannot do much with it .

Lack of options in terms of customization , upgradability . both in
    terms of software and hardware . only apple hardware runs on a Mac because of
    digital signing of drivers .

Lack of gaming is a big turn off   ..

. and also the need of
    different various softwares lacks greatly .

Enter Windows .

Windows is cheap , easy , highly configurable .
    Both in terms of
    softwares and hardwares . Its an open book , a naked whore .
    Do what ever you
    want to with it . any thing .

Fully customizable in what ever way you want to .

Windows is for power computer users . coders , developers and
    programmers .people who want to do ., who want to take the system to the limits ,
    experiment with stuff and learn .meaning for those who want to enjoy no
    restrictions and full freedom .

And there are plenty and plenty of software options available in
    windows .
    Load such an obedient and a
    flexible OS onto a powerful set up ,( powerful set ups in match to a Mac set up and not the regular Dell or HP stuff . something like the Alienware or the Origins, Falcon Custom made high quality builds )  and then start up some creativity
    , design stuff , play games , render graphics , perform complex
    calculations , and the results will be unmatched and tailor made . you
    have the full control and power .!

for mentioning purposes -- 

>Adobe master suite performs better on Win7 x64. I don't even know if a mac version exists. 
    >Maxon Cinema 4d is made for Windows. 
    >Sony Vegas is made for Windows. 
    >Autodesk 3ds max is made for Windows. 
    >CinemaCraft professional HD video encoders are made for Windows. 
    >Autodesk Maya is compatible with mac and linux but it performs better on Win7 x64. 
    >Newtek Lightwave 3d is made for Windows and optimised for x64.
    and these are the tools used by the pros in Hollywood,

Calling Mac OS X a closed OS is kind of ironic considering that quite a lot of the operating system is Open Source and you can run pretty much every *NIX application with little adaption for compiling.

As for games you might want to check out Steam on Mac and the EA titles

• Mjevolve

hello . 
        yes of course , Mac is a Unix based OS. 
        closed was mentioned in context to the whole Mac as one operating system.
        as i said , the kind of freedom in a windows system is not that easily appreciated on a Mac .!

and yes , nowadays more commercially successful titles are also available for a Mac ( which werent a time back . ) , 
        but still the number of titles for windows ( 1431 on steam ) are still overwhelming than those available for a mac ( 196 ) .
        and when talking about the hardware customization for a system , be it for a gaming rig or workstation , we all know your hands are tied and options limited in a Mac .

I don't see the Mac as a "whole" package ~ it's a decent hardware supporting and shipping with Mac OS X as operating system.

If you want the freedom of Windows you can go ahead and install it on your Mac [even without using Boot Camp].
          A lot of people do ~ they buy it because of the hardware and design ~ and a lot of them report a better experience because all the drivers are easily installed [via the Installation DVD].

I don't care much about counting Steam titles ~ there are a 1000 I never heard of and 400 I'm not interested in playing, leaving me with about 30 good titles vs the ~15 for Mac.

Other then that I do agree with you. If you have a certain task at hand you should buy the hardware/system accordingly ~ if it's gaming or maybe hardware accelerated rendering or calculations the Mac might not be the best choice.

• Dweav256

how about the inside of a Mac vs. a Windows machine? Is there quality under the hood of a Mac, compared to Windows? A Mac is more appealing to the eye. A Mac is more compatible with iPods and iPads... and iCloud. Heck, I rode my iMac to work today... LOL

In terms of hardware I have to say that Macs are very well (and intelligent) constructed, high quality parts and easy serviceable. 
    Adding the one year warranty which is valid at any AASP/AAR or Apple Store around the world which also covers the power adapter and peripherals shipped with your Mac they are superior to other system builders machines.

As for the operating system I do like Mac OS X but I could never live without Windows.

29. Nic

Windows Vista forced me over to Mac, and I am now a true Mac fan.  Just love my Mac. As others have said, Ma is much more intuitive and "helps" us non-professionals in quite another extend than MS does.  Installing programme on a Mac is so easy. Setting up a new mail address is also so intuitive.  Mac does half the job for you. Finder is so much easier to work with than the multi-folder-system on a Windows computer.  And why all that stupid graphic thing on Windows programmes?  Even Word has been made difficult.

30. Hameed Adelabu

Hi All, I pretty much agree with the above reasons. But, I love my Windows PC cause its cheap and affordable, especially in this part of the world where I am.

Hello, Who is everybody?  best way of finding out is to give them both a trial run...after all you are the only one that knows what you will be using it for.  I can tell you one thing though....I could build me 2 excellent system with the money I would use on a Mac.  This is coming from somebody that has used them both on and off.  Regardless of what you get, there will always be issues/problems with them.  If mac did not have any problems there would not be genius bar or mac troubleshooting sites.

32. Mhammer

Norm52 gets it perfectly.

I will add one word:

Ironically, this is the same point that PC users are actually critical of, but I disagree.
    I think Einstein said- "Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler" 
    What I am saying is, it is not over simplified.  It is elegant in it's simplicity.

Microsoft has tried to do so many things over the years.  Much of what Microsoft has done is atrocious, and should be completely either re-done, or removed.  Most of us would prefer the latter.  I work on PC's all day long for my job because  I have to.  And I hate it.  There is a reason why so many people forced to work with PC's will often opt to use Windows XP.  Windows XP retains a lot of functionality, while not trying to do everything (poorly).  Still XP has many, many faults. Not the least of which is how susceptible to malware it is. In a Microsoft world you must load third party software to protect you from "threats".  Depending on which third party software you choose, it may make your computer perform so poorly that you would think it was 5 years older than it actually is.  I question whether the prevention is actually worse than the disease?

Ok.  I'll get attacked by PC die hards if I don't say:
    Yes, you can get malware/viruses on a Mac.  This doesn't change the fact that I cannot recall ANYONE that has.  period.

You actually get the sense that thought went into the Mac and OSX design.  Here is another example in contrast- To use telnet, a tool that IT professionals use every day, and was included by default in WindowsXP, you must install it on Windows 7.  This is pure stupidity.  The tool is like 23k in size, and poses NO threat otherwise.  Why remove it?  Yet, they did.

Yes, I know, "installing" it takes 5 clicks and about 15 seconds.  But it's incredibly frustrating, and a perfect example of what MS does wrong.  On the Mac, not only do I have telnet, I have the whole enchilada of Unix tools including secure shell (ssh), whois, dig, the whole Python scripting language, etc, etc, etc... this fact alone makes OSX more valuable to me personally.

My point is, even though I can say that the interface is more simplified and easier to use, it is still functionally a more useful and effective tool to use.

hello, all you are saying is valid...but... you have to remember that only a minor part of users need telnet on their computers, not everybody is an IT professional.  Also, as with everything else, it all comes down to the user.  If the user wants to be protected, user will make sure to be protected, if he doesn't either for lack of knowledge or complacency the onus is on him, not the operating system.

• Jeff

More over, I don't know any competent IT professionals who would even touch telnet with someone else's hand, whilst SSH is an option. 

• Mhammer

We use telnet to test SMTP and POP servers.  As I stated ssh is included with OSX.

33. Steve Campbell

In my opinion, Mac OS X as an operating system is just more intuitive. There are a lot of subtitles that are hard to describe, but make it invariably better than rival Windows. Installing programs is as easy as a click in the App Store or dragging a file into an Applications folder, and things that typically destroy Windows computers, like spyware and viruses, don't really exist for Macs.

Bit of background on me...I was a Windows user for many years, until my laptop broke a few months back. I was skeptical about buying a Mac, but almost all of my coworkers have one, so I gave it a try. Best. Decision. Ever. :D

Everybody? Hmm, I don't think so. 

Ok, so this is sort of what I'm getting at when I say "Mac users are stupid" (read on to see why you shouldn't be offended). Mac's aren't an operating system, where as Windows is. Therefore this debate is already flawed. However, let us proceed with why I think PC's are better. I think Mac's have two advantages over PC's (not to say they are better)

Why Mac's may be better than PC's
    1.) They are prettier. 
    2.) They are (in most areas) more stable than Windows. 

Why PC's are better than Mac's
    1.) [Repair] When your Mac does take a shit (which it inevitably will), good luck fixing it. 
    2.) [Software support] When it comes to software selection, no operating system can hold a candle to Windows (not even Linux, though it does come closer)
    3.) [Price] Service pack's [for Windows] are free, as opposed to Mac service packs being $400 a pop.
    4.) [Hardware Support] If you want to customize your hardware, PC's are the only real option. 

For more reasons on why PC is better, read this article.

In conclusion, Macs are best for people who don't have the time to learn how to use an actual computer and an actual operating system, such as doctors, artists and band's...not for computer nerds who love details.

• Mhammer

Clearly you are uninformed.  Yes, prettier, yes, generally more stable.
      1. Mac's have a great 1 year warranty which can be extended at any time.  90 days of free tech support.  Their support is so first rate in fact, an english speaking person will call you back on a Sunday to help resolve your issue. To say that Mac's are not serviceable is laughable.  I used to work at a Apple store, these machines are definitely built with serviceability in mind. They are proprietary.  Duh. But if you are trying to say that because you must use OEM parts from the dealer that this makes them unable or difficult  to fix, you are wrong.  Very few people work on their own cars, and bring them to the dealer for service, this does not make them "bad" cars.
      2. Software selection.  What do you need to do with it that it can't do?  This is a tired argument that I have been hearing forever.  Yet, nobody can point to some work that they simply cannot get done on a Mac.
      3. OSX service packs cost nothing.  Where did you get $400 from?  The updates have always cost nothing.  Moreover, the last major upgrade to 10.7, Lion, cost all of $29.  You are really way off here.
      4. Customization. You got me on that one.  Yes, if you were interested in building a machine to play video games on, a PC would be a better choice.  Otherwise, what are you customizing for?  Overclockers do so for gaming.

Your first and last statement speaks to your own intelligence and maturity, or lack of.  "Mac users are so stupid"?
      "Mac's are for people that don't have time to learn how to use a real computer and actual operating system"??
      Come on?  really?  grow up.

• Sebastian Szewczyk

For example I would like to play a Skyirm or Need for Speed.

Or I would like to turn on 3DS Max.

Really, nobody can point to things you can't do on Mac?

• Tomasz aka McFunThomas

You must be kidding us, Seba.
          1. I'm not the person who follows the trends but a sb who got fed up with Windows and wanted sth professional, stable and easy to use. Sth I can upgrade without too much screwdriving - just pull-n-replace... same as I do with my old SGI O2. Most of the ppl who I know and they think for themselves much less than I do (I often help them with a number of issues they have wih their computers) are Windows users.
          2. There's a lot of things that justify the price. Ask WUJEK GOOGLE about it. If you can't find anything, ask me, a UNIX Systems Lover.

• james

Justify the price? Are you JOKING? 2500 dollars for a computer is beyond ridiculous, it's retarded. (that's the starting price for a mac pro) If you spend that much on a computer and it's not for high end gaming or graphics rendering, you're either a complete idiot, or a mac user. (same thing)

• Pete

yes it is possible to run both skyrim and need for speed on a mac. i have them both. using wineskin

• Dweav256

I have an iMac, and I called for support on Xmas... hoping to hear a recording to see if they would be open the day after Xmas... to my surprise the support people were there on Xmas day. Awesome!!! I have had Windows computers forever, bought my first iMac recently... I love it.

• Durrrrr

Yay someone sacrificed their Christmas to help you with your user related error!

• Stefan Keil

So? I have to work also an Xmas Day, some people would call it a JOB!

• Pre4122

I agree in full! I owned PC's for years. I have literally been on computers since they were using casette tapes to store data. I will NEVER go back to a PC. Garbage! Unless all you use it for is playing video games. In which case, buy a PS3 or an Xbox. But if you don't want to deal with viruses, scan disks, defrags and all the blue screen errors and BULLSHIT that comes with owning a PC, buy a Mac. Once you go Mac, you NEVER go back.

• James

This is exactly why pc users call mac users retarded. It's because you are. Have you ever even SEEN the blue screen of death, or are you one of the many mactards that mentions it when claiming macs are better? I too have owned computers for decades, and have never had a single virus. Not once. Ever. (Oh, and i have also never used any antivirus software). If you're not an idiot and you don't click on links and download stuff before fully understanding what it is, you won't get a virus. I think it's funny that mac users favorite argument for why macs are better is "it's easier to use". Yeah, if you're an idiot. Windows is ridiculously easy to use (Once again, unless you're a retard). The "it's prettier" argument is also completely idiotic. Obviously mac cases look nice, but so do nice pc cases. Just because you idiots are using a ten year old pc case as your example, it doesn't mean all pc's look like that. I just built a gaming computer with MUCH higher specs than any mac for 700 dollars. You should change that to "Once you go Mac, you're out 2500 dollars that you wasted on an uncustomizable, weak computer with a dumbed down operating system so that even the dumbest people on the planet can use it.

• Guest

James, if you do not run an antivirus program on your computer, how do you know that you never get a virus?  I would put money on it that you are a liar.  2500 for a Mac? Where did you get this number at? I can buy an Air, which will smoke most Windows laptops for 999.

Also, AppStore.  Enough said.

• Hannah

I have never had a MAC, but Windows is seriously the worst for viruses.

I only had a laptop for a month, and the damn hard drive needed fixing, not because of viruses because of poor software.

• Yousef AlRasheed

:) I agree , Sometimes we get the blue screen because windows is actually better than mac .. why ?

We try to install Windows 95 programs on Win7 and it sometimes work !

we try to install 1980's hardware on our 2012 PCs and with some playing we get it to work !

but ofcourse that'll cause problems ! but in MAC stupid limited Computer you cant :) you can't even customize your Computer and add incompatible Hardware

Windows will always be better than Mac OS X :) it's more open .. and cheaper .. no limits

and Yeh .. about Viruses .. we do get .. Free Windows Security Essentials will do the best job to prevent it !

• Darrenmalllard

id liek to say ,they arent more prettier ,it depends on the hardware not software ,mac is hardware ,windows is software ,please compare hardware to hardware thanks ,
      ,more stable ? i think not ,macs can crash out of the box ,and macs r spose to be made hardware to software and still crash ,windows runs on thousands of configs of x86 hardware and has more work to adopt the hardware and still never crashes ( for me )
      but anyway ,each to their own ,if one finds osx easier to use then no price for that ignorance to learn another OS

• McFunThomas

there's a flaw in what you said.
        1. U say MACs crash. True. But not all of them, yea?
        2. Then U say Windows hasn't crashed so far... and then comes a flaw, in the brackets: (for me).
        Common, grow up, man. Take that thing seriously n statistically.
        As far as I remember I haven't had a BSOD on my Windows running hardware machines (at least I can't remember one), but neither such problem with LINUX nor MAC OS nor IRIX.

Statistically, from my observations n information more crashes are with Windows but I'd like to see official statistics for that... if they're exist.
        Why I think MAC crashes less? Because it's UNIX based , and it's for UNIX systems to be widely used for most important jobs n tasks in I.T. - SERVERS.

• Stefan Keil

• Jeff Fabish

Bumping a four month old thread

35. Norm52

It works

I think you should have said:  "It works.....until it doesn't" and the question is:  Then what?

• Mcfunthomas

It aplies to all systems. They stop working sometimes. Unix-based systems are more stabile. That's why a vast majority of servers ARE NOT on Windows.

• Songinho

I think you mean "Unix-based systems are free", that's why a lot of things are on them and not windows.