Why does Mac OS X installed on a PC constantly ask for a reboot when it starts?

Robert Kalstad April 30, 2012

I have installed Mac OS X on my PC, but when I try to start it up again after the installation, I’m only asked to reboot. I have tried to reboot and put in my iBoot disk and launch my partition, but I’m prompted with the same message again. What do I do?

1. Robert Kalstad
  2. Robert Kalstad

Now, I booted up my computer again, and I got to choose my Hackintosh partition, but when I press it, a grey screen comes up and a silver apple logo. (just like when you boot a iPhone). But nothing happens.
    What now!? : )

3. Robert Kalstad

Please help, I need my PC for tomorrow!!

4. Robert Kalstad

Ok, fine. I have now realized that this just wont work. It pisses me off, but what ever. Any idea of how I can reinstall Windows then!?

• Susendeep Dutta

You can reinstall windows if you have recovery disk or original copy of Windows OS.

5. Robert Kalstad

OS X*

6. Robert Kalstad

I'm using a Acer Aspire something. No dual boot. Just trying to install IS X on the PC.

7. Robert Kalstad

The problem is still the same.. Nothing has changed when I now tried to install OS X again. So after the installation is done, I reboot (with the iBoot disk in) and the message say I have to reboot... HELP!! (PS: I'm desperate!!)

8. Robert Kalstad

We're on the same stage here, Frank. I don't know anything.. : ) But I'll try what you say..

9. Frank X Gilg

I'm kind of a newbie but have been studying for my A+ certification and they say that you must be sure the boot device you use(Where you put the iBoot disk) is the first one listed. You probably know this but... Also there may be an issue with jumper configuration. Don't know much about this!

10. Robert Kalstad

It's a laptop though..

11. Robert Kalstad

Soory, don't think you got the question : )
    It wount boot up, or it boots up, but I'm asked to reboot again. I haven't even got to the stage where I'm going to write in my apple ID or which country I come from after the installation..

So, what the installer said was:
    You installation was sucsessfull. Please restart now (or something like that..)
    So I rebooted, with the iBoot disk in, launched my Hackintish partition but is then prompted with the message that tells me I have to reboot.
    And every time I try to reboot, I get the message..
    Please please HELP!!!!!

I recently installed Mac OSX 10.7 (Lion). Every time I restart
    http://www.justanswer.com/mac-computers/66fg0-recently-installed-mac-osx-10-7-lion-every-time-restart.html
    it is not on pc, perhaps the solution helps you?