How can I make my Mac OS X automatically connect to a Bluetooth device on startup?

Cem December 23, 2010

How can I create an Automator action for connecting to a Bluetooth device/network “on system startup” in Mac OS X?

1. Martin

Found something on MacScripter for you. http://macscripter.net/viewtopic.php?id=22149
    I assume you know how to run an AppleScript on Startup because it's not mentioned there and I don't know that either :-)
    The important line in this script is the one saying "click radio button ..." this one you might have to edit to your needs. Just look in the later posts how others have done it. ;-)

2. historydoll

AFAIK, once the device and the Mac have been paired, it's automatic on startup. I have a Mac Mini and a Bluetooth keyboard, and it happens automatically, though it sometimes takes a minute to be able to use the keyboard to login.

• Cem

No problem there... What i want is to connect to my iPhone via BT for internet tethering.

3. Jonathan

I'm not familiar with macs but on windows you can do this sort of thing using "scheduled tasks". Perhaps you will be able to find a mac equivalent. hope you can work it out