Is there a Mac equivalent to the Microsoft firewall client?

Lim October 27, 2011

I bought a MacBook Pro for my school. The problem is that I can’t connect to my school’s Internet. Normally people use Windows and have this this thing call Microsoft firewall client installed and have no problem. But this can’t be installed on my Mac. So I was wondering if there is a way to install a firewall that would do the same thing, or if I can install Windows on my Mac.

I suppose your network is using the Firewall Client for ISA Server.

Basically on the Mac you don't need any special client. You just have to set the Proxy within your browser and Network Settings.

Setting the Macintosh Machines as Web proxy Clients
    http://www.elmajdal.net/ISAServer/Connecting_Macintosh_Machines_Behind_ISA_Server.aspx

Hello were you given a user id and password to access the network at your school?  If you were given those two pieces of information, it is just a matter of typing that information in you wireless configuration and provided you typed the write user id and password, it should let you connect. 

After restarting i it can't connect, try to disable the firewall because,
    Normally people disable the firewall, antivirus or any security applications to connect without troubles.
    Try the same,  go to firewall, and disable it, if it is enabled or set to allow all.
    Also try to pause/exit antivirus, if firewall is not the reason.

Well....Honestly, I don't think this is going to fix your problem but Mac OSX has a built in application firewall.

Provide some insight on why you can't connect, maybe we can help you. 

5. Illogical_slacker609

on your mac, there is a "security" section under system preferences. this is where you can adjust the firewall settings. hope this helps