Why won’t my Mac burn a CD?

David November 29, 2011

I have Mac OS X 10.5.8. I have tried to burn a CD several times the last two days and keep receiving the following message: “Burning the disc failed because communication to the disc drive failed. (error code 0x80020022)” How do I fix this?

1. Yaspaulseraj

have you try trowing it into fire.

have you put the cd before you invited to? if yes then wait for the invitation.

Delete Finder Preferences
    from terminal
    rm ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.finder.plist

Hello, you are not the only one with this problem.  Read the following thread and try to do some of the steps mentioned there:

I can confirm that it mostly is a matter of getting the right set of CD-Rs. Sometimes even a newer batch from the same vendor and type may be incompatible.

Personally I can suggest TDK, MediaRange and Verbatim ~ they always worked for me. At best you buy a small package with 5 CDs or so and test drive them.

Of course if the third-or-so batch still fails you may want to get your optical drive looked at by an Apple Authorized Service Provider or Distributor.