Why won’t my Mac burn a CD?
Question by David /

I have Mac OS X 10.5.8. I have tried to burn a CD several times the last two days and keep receiving the following message: “Burning the disc failed because communication to the disc drive failed. (error code 0x80020022)” How do I fix this?

• Yaspaulseraj

have you try trowing it into fire.

have you put the cd before you invited to? if yes then wait for the invitation.

Delete Finder Preferences
    from terminal
    rm ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.finder.plist

Hello, you are not the only one with this problem.  Read the following thread and try to do some of the steps mentioned there:

I can confirm that it mostly is a matter of getting the right set of CD-Rs. Sometimes even a newer batch from the same vendor and type may be incompatible.

Personally I can suggest TDK, MediaRange and Verbatim ~ they always worked for me. At best you buy a small package with 5 CDs or so and test drive them.

Of course if the third-or-so batch still fails you may want to get your optical drive looked at by an Apple Authorized Service Provider or Distributor.