Why am I getting lots of email from Facebookappmail.com?

Santhosh Sachithanantham September 11, 2012

What is Facebookappmail.com, is it a legitimate part of Facebook?

1. Alexis Akridge

I've never come across it. It might not be legitimate...

2. Saurav Azad

you must have use many of the application on facebook and you might have notification for application events

3. Yash Desai

Its not legitimate, i dont know why your getting them, but you should mark it as spam, and if your using gmail set a filter for all mail from facebookappmail.com, if you need help with that just ask

4. Ivan Jestrovic

it looks lilke phishin to me :)

5. Boyd Yocum

There are alot of them out there, one of the biggest is changing the facebook color and getting rid of time line, got to watch out for those

6. Hoku Sarroca

I personally don't care for a email that is set up by others... so I just unchked it... I like to keep track of my emails on my own

7. Erlis Dhima

Under notification options, uncheck the 'sent mail' from this application! (It might be an icon like a mail)

8. Nicky Angel

you need to uncheck options that enables fb to send you mail./ Or simply as I did, mark this address as spam. It is normalfor facebook to nag people like this.

That domain appears to be a legitimate part of Facebook (it is registered to them in the ARIN database).