I lost my Netgear security key. What do I do?
Question by Sandra /

I have lost my Netgear security key. I am trying to connect my printer to my wireless router. Can you help me get my security key?

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , , , , .
Raspberry Pi Projects
Raspberry Pi Projects
Technology Explained
Technology Explained
Arduino Projects
Arduino Projects
Computer Hardware Talk
Computer Hardware Talk
New Security Breaches
New Security Breaches
Smart Home Security
Smart Home Security
Cool Toys and Gadgets
Cool Toys and Gadgets
Smart Home Q&A
Smart Home Q&A
Apple Hardware Discussion
Apple Hardware Discussion
Home Entertainment
Home Entertainment

• hussein

I lost my netgear security key

• Barb

I just purchased a Kindle Fire and I am not able to connect to wi-fi

• Bob McDaniel

I do not know what my security code is. It was set up several yrs. ago. How can I change it?

• Kaashif Haja

Some modems/routers have their passphrase written on the backside.
    If you haven’t changed the passphrase, try it out!

• Sohel Zaman

Reset your router to factory settings. Problem should be solved. You will just have to click through the very very small hole with a pin to reset the router.

• Irshaad Abdool

usually it is written on the router itself. if not, you can (sry fr that) reset the router and set it anew

• Mihovil Pletikos

reseting your router is the way to solve it! and then set it up with a some password you will remember :)

• Shakirah Faleh Lai

Reset you router or try this: head to the Network and sharing center and next to the little house click on Home network , then choose Home network , then click on, View or change HomeGroup settings them select, view or print the homegroup password.

Check this solution too
    http://www.justanswer.com/computer-networking/3515l-hi-i-lost-netgear-router-network-security-key-this.html

If it is not printed on a card that came with the device (or a sticker attached to it), you may be able to get it by logging into the device (may required a wired computer to do it) and checking the Wireless Security section of the configuration. It will have the encryption type listed (should be WPA2/PSK) and it may list the key (passphrase, hex string, etc).

If you have a Windows computer that has previously been connected to this wireless network, you can use WirelessKeyView to find all of the saved keys for every network it has ever been attached to. Just make sure you grab the right one for your system.

32-bit http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wirelesskeyview.zip
    64-bit http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wirelesskeyview-x64.zip

• Oron

Excellent advice, couldn’t have put it better myself! The default Admin account Netgear routers is
      username=admin
      password=password