Why can I no longer send or receive emails on Windows Live?
Question by Charlie /

I have a Windows 7 laptop which came with an on board copy of Windows Live. Something changed recently as I can no longer send or receive emails and get weird error messages when I try.

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall, but it still fails. If I go online to the “Live” copy I can access it, but this can be a pain. Any ideas please?

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , , , .
Windows_10
Windows_10
Windows Tips
Windows Tips
Windows Troubleshooting
Windows Troubleshooting
Best Windows Software
Best Windows Software
Mac OSX Tips & Issues
Mac OSX Tips & Issues

Hello, in a case like this it would help if you can post the exact errors you get so that you can start troubleshooting from that/those errors. 

Windows live services went through some changes recently.  I would say if you can access windows live services online, then your problem is in the configuration for your windows mail program.  Start by checking that you have the proper user/password and if possible delete the account giving you trouble and add the account again.

if you have a gmail account then remove that and see if that fixes

Cannot send or receive mail through Windows Live mail. Error message is : An unknown error has occurred.
    http://www.google.pl/support/forum/p/gmail/thread?tid=2af410952bb48ad6&hl=en