Why can I no longer select which files to download from a torrent in BitTorrent?

Piseth Mao April 24, 2012

Recently, my BitTorrent seems to behave very differently. Previously, when I clicked on a link (get this torrent) it would show a dialogue box with a list of files inside the torrent files, from which I could choose specific files to download.

But recently, when doing the same thing, it doesn’t show like this. It just shows a dialogue box with selected BitTorrent client. I have no choice to select the files to download, but can only download everything in it.

Please help me get back to the previous way of downloading.

1. Kaashif Haja

I have faced this problem too! So, I just switched for an alternative torrent site!

2. RayInLV

In BitTorrent program use

Options/Ui Settings 3rd paragraph down "When Adding Torrents"
    Check the box that says "Show a window that displays files inside the torrent."

Should be ok then.

• MPS

I did so, but still it doesn't show the contents. However, with some torrent files, when we click the link to download, we see two options: get this torrent and get this torrent file???

3. Arun

recently piratebay stopped providing torrent files, instead a magent URI is provided. then the torrent file is downloded by the torrent client itself. you can wait for few seconds until the download begins, go to the files tab and uncheck the files u don't need to download.

some of the other torrent sites still provide torrent files for download.. if u have a torrent file only, u select the files before adding a download..

4. Dez.VL

If you would like BitTorrent to let you select files to download before it actually adds the torrent job to the list, make sure you enable the Add New Torrent dialog.

If BitTorrent adds files without asking you anything, then that's because you set a default download location, and so BitTorrent assumes you would like to download everything to that directory. If you want BitTorrent to always show the dialog when you manually open a .torrent file, then make BitTorrent always show the dialog on manual add.

5. Dez.VL

Upgrade your bit torrent with latest version ??