Why am I no longer receiving the MakeUseOf Newsletter?

Stuart Shatles January 17, 2011

I haven’t received my favorite tech newsletter, the MakeUseOf Newsletter, in a couple of days. I even subscribed using a different eMail address and never recieved a confirmation eMail. Problems?

1. Stuart Shatles

There has been no change. I have received confirmation email at my yahoo address and at gmail. I have comfirmed the addresses by hitting the confirmation links. No newsletter has ever arrived at any of the 4 addresses I have used. I have checked the spam folders. I have not added any additional security to the computer. All my other newsletters arrive. And your responses arrive, just no newsletter. EVER

Hi Stuart,

Few things to check.

1 - Did you check your jnunk mail folder, on a few occasions our emails
      were marked as 'junk'. If that's the case for you as well please mark
      emails as 'not spam'

2 - I suppose you're referring to our weekly newsletters, those come on
      Fridays. If you're a subscriber you should receive one today as well.
      Let me know if you don't receive it.

3 - If instead of weekly newsletter you wanted to subscribe to our daily
      roundup emails, please follow the link below.
      http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=Makeuseof

Aibek

2. Stuart Shatles

I had no problem getting a confirmation using my gmail account. That puts the problem squrely with Comcast. The world's worst ISP. It is not even in my spam folder on Comcast. I spoke to them again and they say they can find no problem. They have no whiite list and I haven't had an address book on their email ever. But I have made one now and added answers@makeuseof.com. Maybe this will work. If not I'll just have to go over to gmail and forwarded it to myself and see if it come through that way. The puzzle is I recieve all your other email just not the newsletter

3. Stuart Shatles

It is not in any junk folder. All my email first goes to Comcast and then my email program takes them. It never arrived at Comcast and I have spoken to tech support there about the issue. But this is the only newsletter I'm having a problem with. I updated all my subscription to a new address and stoppped recieving yours. So I subscribed using a different email. I never recieve anything for the 2nd account. i'll try using my gmail account and see if that works. I have been recieving your newsletter for a long time and never had any problem

4. Saikat Basu

Did you receive it earlier and it's only now that you aren't getting it? Do follow Aibek's advice and let us know. If it solves the problem - great. If it doesn't we will look into it.

Hi Stuart,

What email service do you use? Did you try checking the junk mail folder? In rare cases our confirmation as well as newsletter emails are mistakenly pushed to that folder. If that's the case, you will have to mark the email as 'not spam' in order to avoid this in the future.