Why can I no longer launch Norton Antivirus using my desktop shortcut?

ali July 8, 2011

I was using Norton Antivirus but suddenly it disappeared from the taskbar. However, it shows that it is installed on the computer! When I try to launch Norton with the help of a shortcut, it says it cant find the file! I’m using Windows XP 32-bit and Norton Antivirus Version 5.

it means..that the main exe is missing...check its folder in the program files,,,or just right click on the shortcut and click on program tab...try running the exe file from the folder if it's still there..this thing can happen if u install a version without uninstalling the previous version of nortan...if nothing works...system restore your pc back to the days when it was working fine.

2. ahmed ali

nope it did not help!!!

I will add your question to the next toughest questions roundup (Tuesday, July 19th).

it means..that the main exe is missing...check its folder in the program files,,,or just right click on the shortcut and click on program tab...
      try running the exe file from the folder if it's still there..
      this thing can happen if u install a version without uninstalling the previous version of nortan...
      if nothing works...system restore your pc back to the days when it was working fine..

Ali,

did ha14's reply solve your question? Please let us know whether you were able to fix Norton Antivirus.

On a different note, I recommend to use a different antivirus program.

try to download a new version then click on it and should ask you the repair option, or uninstyal and reinstall again.

How to Put the Norton Icon on a Taskbar
    http://www.ehow.com/how_8094634_put-norton-icon-taskbar.html#ixzz1RXkZjrXH

- Right click an empty area in the task bar.
    - Select Properties.
    - In the Notification Area, check "Hide inactive icons"
    - Click on Customize
    - For Norton Antivirus, it may be "Hide when inactive". Click on it and change it to "Always show".