Why can I no longer find my webcam through the start menu in Windows 7?
Question by debbie /

My laptop recently stopped working, so my dad’s mate wiped my memory. The only problem is, If I pull up the start menu and type in webcam, it can’t find it, but it works fine on things like MSN, Facebook etc. I can’t figure out why I can’t recover it on the actual laptop.

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , , , ; or ask your own question.

• hi

Hello,fideils will you help me to? I have a laptop that has a webcam but i dont know how to install it

• Unknown

Hi Fedelis , I Have An Toshiba Windows 7,Laptop.. I Cant Seem To Find My Built In Web Camera Application.. Ive Tried Alot To Get It Back.. Just Because I Havent Been On That Certain Application Is The Reason Y It Has Dissapeared .. Is There A Possibility That My Web Camera Application Could Have Been Deleted?

If any other person didn’t have any sort of access to your laptop and if your laptop didn’t got affected by and you didn’t uninstalled it,then you can find the application by searching it in start menu.Just click on the start button and type the name of your webcam application,and you’ll see related suggestions or your application.

• Daniel James Winters

hi their my windows 7 laptop webcam is not working i kind of download ManyCam end i went to the cameras to see other cam when i pass one of them something come up on the screen. end it say with a Big RED X manycam can’t connect to your webcam for some reason. Please check to see if your webcam is currently in use by another application and exit that application. i child to find the other website that i put the webcam but i don’t remember were i last putter. i need help so i kind pug in my webcam on skype to talk with my girlfriend.

thank you

set manycam as your skype’s camera source.
      Step 1, Select your video device in Skype:
      Tools -> Options -> General (tab) -> Video Settings (tab)
      Step 2, If this wont work, get to manycam to enable skype video. Find the Manycam’s Settings. Check the option to enable Skype Video. If it’s checked, Uncheck it. Restart Manycam. And check it again.

unstall all the USB ports in Device Manager, reboot, and let Windows reinstall them.

Dell XPS M1530 Laptop Web Cam Not Working in Windows 7 64 bit – “Web cam in use by another program” error
      although is for another hardware you can try it if you wish, but first do a system restore point to revert back to earlier state if necessary.

Hi, I have the HP mini 110-3130NR but I’ve recently had it repaired due to viruses.All of my factory settings have been deleted and now i’m operating under windows 7 ultimate? in the device manager i can see the hp webcam but i cannot access it without getting on a website that automatically pulls it up.What do i need to do? Please help!

• Gaelle

Hello, i have a Dell n5010 and i’ve been reformatting my laptop and i can’t find the camera in the start menu. Can you send me the link to download dell central driver on the dell website?

• fridely

i cannot access anymore my built in webcam of my neo basic 3230 mini. it says that no webcam is found in my system. i cant even find a driver for it and its not available in screen start up. how can i resolve this problem

• joreen

hi, i have a sony vaio VGN-CR353 and my webcam isn’t working (skype). the system says it is usable and in working condition but arcsoft and skype says can’t start video. my system is windows 7 enterprise 32-bit. please help.

• elius

Dear sir,
    I have fujitsu lifebook L series, I do not what happen to my web cam ( integrated built in ) can not use for so long. My labtop operation system is window 7
    I can not even use in skyp, yahoo mesanger and so on.
    I have already installed cyberlink web cam software, as well as fujitsu driver software like usb webcam sonic.. but still can not use web cam
    I am worry it might be hardware problem inside.
    but I am sure, I did use before my webcam, when I bought it and use for few months.
    Could you help me to find a solution for me
    thanks in advance

• Amy McFarlane

my laptop got wiped and i can no longer find my my web cam on my computer do i have to install it again ?

You have to install the software and the driver to regain your web cam.

Hello, I am afraid you have to download and install the camera software. Your best bet is by visiting the laptop’s manufacturer site and download the appropriate software for you laptop according to model and operating system.

• Kannon Y

There are a number of automatic driver detection and installation programs that make finding such things far easier, although first try obtaining the required driver directly from the manufacturer’s website. If you can’t then try an alternative method.

At the bottom of the ghacks article, there’s a list of a variety of different driver identification and installation software. Feel free to examine them.

Driver Easy is probably the easiest to use however. It can be downloaded here:

I would advise using DE only for the missing device drivers. Almost all of the time it works for driver updates, but every once and a while it can accidentally install the wrong driver and cause the computer to crash. Good luck!

• Rohan

install the webcam software or go to windows movie maker > webcam video