How long do lithium-ion-polymer batteries for Bluetooth earphones last?

Anonymous February 19, 2014

Does anyone know, using actual scientific proof, how long lithium-ion-polymer would Bluetooth earphone batteries last?

They are very small of course, so I need to knoow before I buy these. What is the life span of these batteries (taking into acount that I will recharge once or twice every day.

Advice would be much appreciated.

The life-time of the Li-ion battery itself is usually between 600-1600 cycles.
    This however is a theoretical number. The number of cycles the battery will last depends on your charging behavior, how far you usually discharge it or more scientifically the "Depth of Discharge" (DOD).
    The estimate of cycles manufacturers usually specify is at a DOD of 50%.

You can read a lot more about this here:
    http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

There's no answer "with an actual scientific proof". It depends on the batteries and on the earphones. The best guide is what the manufacturer will tell you, though you should probably reduce this by 20% to be on the safe side. The amount of power a battery will hold will also go down over time, so a battery that's good for, say, 12 hours when new will hold a lot less two years down the road.