Why can’t I login properly on MakeUseOf?

Arron Walker October 10, 2012

Similar to a lot of people, I am having troubles being sufficiently logged in. I am appearing logged in at the top, and on this here questions section but when attempting to comment on an article, it tells me I should log in.

I have cleared my cache, and up on attempting to log in; I immediately get the same thing. It solves nothing, complete data removal does nothing. And IE doesn’t even get that far, but that’s no surprise. I’m about to try Firefox, but I’d rather keep to Chrome. Any ideas?

1. Caroline West

I'm having the same problem too. I just bought a Windows 8 machine (using it now) and there is no login logo on MUO. I can't access it, let alone login. Hopefully this comment with my same details will work???

• Caroline West

I just disabled my 'Do not track' ext in Chrome and all is well and it was that which prevented me from logging in. So check if you have that ext or similar, and disable it for this site.

2. Patti Hogey

I'm having same probs w/login here.I cleaned also still not working.Help

• Raj Kutty

Me too!!! This is driving me crazy! Its been almost 2-months with no luck. I've logged in with google, yahoo, and facebook but no luck.

I'm on Windows 7 using Firefox (nightly) and my previous versions of Firefox would not work as well (17 and 16).

Can someone post the Step by Step instructions to login.

thanks

3. Roi Ezekiel Arcega

Same here.

• Roi Ezekiel Arcega

Well I solved it. Just now I can login using my FB account. All I did was I used this awesome software called "CCLEANER". Highly recommended. Try it everyone. Cheers!

4. Adrian Rea

Thank you so much Muo TechGuy I too can login and apply for the iphone :D

5. Harshit Jain

I am facing this problem too.

6. Muo TechGuy

Fixed this as of this morning; however, the profile page is still not working. Bear with me while I update that to use the new login code.

• Jan Fritsch

I just want to confirm that staying logged in (cookies) is working fine in Safari for me :-)

7. Arron Walker

I forgot to try firefox, but... well, the issue seems to have resolved itself. "Go to Settings>Show advanced options>Content settings (under privacy)>Manage exceptions (under cookies)
    Add makeuseof.com and choose “clear on exit” in behaviour" - Forgot to mention I'd already done that, I found it on someone else question, suffering from a similar problem. Still, thank you for the suggestion :)

8. Freecycle Me

Oh yes, entering the iphone comp with 25points gone from my account. I think it is a cookie and login problem but I think it is not the users fault this time :)

9. Freecycle Me

I just went to my profile page which said welcome to Freecycle me, but the badges were greyed out with no points. I think in this state I am getting points added for comments but no way to view them. The same is happening after cookies are cleared.

10. Freecycle Me

I am having the same problem. I am in IE and while posting this the Register or Login bar is still at the top, not letting me look at my profile and I guess when I post this it will log it under my name. I have also had this when I have had my profile in the top bar but comments boxes reques email address and spam control. I have also had the same problem in In-Private browsing window which should have all cookies cleared from the start.

11. Sahil Dave

I had the same problem. After cleaning both cookies and cache again, try the incognito mode in Chrome or private browsing in Firefox, if it works you can do thing in chrome for sure as this would show that problem was with cookies:

Go to Settings>Show advanced options>Content settings (under privacy)>Manage exceptions (under cookies)

Add makeuseof.com and choose "clear on exit" in behaviour.

most probably this would work

12. Aditya Roy

I was having similar problems, but in last few days, it has been very smooth, single click logout and login.

13. EL

I'm having the same problem in Firefox. Any ideas, folks?