How do I login to MakeUseOf from the homepage?

Vipul Jain September 14, 2012

The social buttons have been removed from the homepage. The Register or Login link takes me to the page that tells me about why I should make an account on MUO. The only place to login right now is when I open an article or a question and scroll down to answer it.

Is it just me or is these login features really missing?

1. Alexis Akridge

I had this SAME issue today! haha. If you are trying to login through a social media, click on which type it is at the top right of the page. Mine was that big ol' facebook F :)

2. DI

I juist use one of the social liinks like yahoo. Thought I was stupid, guess its a problem still.

3. randy

Look for registry or login at your upper right hand side and sign in

4. GrrGrrr

i just cleared by Cache, cookies, and profile buttons show on the main page.

Please try again and update / resolve the question.

5. Marielba Olmo

I use Safari and had the same issue. Try Firefox or Opera.

6. HLJonnalagadda

yeah Safari was not rendering the social buttons for me either. Switched to FF, issue fixed.

• muotechguy

Safari may be set to block third party cookies; this need to be disabled.

7. Luke Blache-Fraser

Try using a different browser. I had the same problem using Safari at first, then I switched to Firefox and the log in buttons appeared.

8. Ahmed Khalil

same thing happen to me , i thought it is for me only

9. Saurav Azad

its there dude just wait for few moment and it will appear ,i think its the social login button is updating slower

10. Erlis Dhima

Sometimes, I get some problems too with log in!
    It say only log in & register.. No socila or mail buttons where to log in!
    What I do, is clear the browser cache, and everything goes fine...
    But this two last days, I can only log in at the top of a comment box in an article or a question...

11. muotechguy

Yep, just you.

First, clear your browser cache. We identified an issue with Chrome a few days ago, but it has been fixed.

If that doesnt solve it, start disabling evil plugins: adblock, noscript, ghostery, do not track, norton security.

If that still doesnt solve it, send me a screen of the muo homepage, and your list of browser plugins. jamesbruce (at) this domain.

• Vipul Jain

will do. Cache might be the problem because i never clear my browser.

• GrrGrrr

same here. It does not shows login on home page

• Vipul Jain

I haven't cleared the cache or anything and suddenly the buttons are there now.
      And now they are there even though i'm logged in. Instead of showing my profile all i can see now are those buttons on every page.
      What sorcery is this :D

• Vipul Jain

so i cleared

• Vipul Jain

sorry about that last comment. Actually i cleared the cache, disabled plugins but still now i can just see the login buttons all the time, no profile links or anything.

12. Ramon Mondragon

It must be you because they are always there when i log in through the front page.