Why am I never logged out of MakeUseOf even if I try to log out?

Suman Acharya October 7, 2012

It looks like MakeUseOf never logs me out because whenever I open this site I’m already in, even after leaving this properly logged out. Is there any problem or am I in a problem of my own?

1. Rayon Blend

Check your homepage of where your email is . Sometime , you have to open your homepage to login then you log off then goes to your homepage to sign off

2. Ahmed Khalil

i face same and only deleting cookes will solve this issue

Clear off all the cookies from your browser. Alternatively, if you are using the facebook social plugin to login to makeuseof, like I do, after you press the logout button of makeuseoff, visit facebook page and you would find that you are already logged in in facebook, so also just logoff from there too will makes you logoff from makeuseof.

5. Alex Perkins

I have the same problem, the way i get around it is to use incognito window for makeuseof but then i have to login every time.

6. Boni Oloff

Try to clear all data from your browser... It solves the problem..

7. GrrGrrr

I have the same problem. Many times logout doesn't works.

So I just close the tab, clear all cookies for MUO.

8. Bewar'of Codingdevil

use ccleaner to clean all ur cache , cookies etc...http://www.piriform.com/CCLEANER

9. Ashwin Ramesh

True! Same stuff happening to me. I am unable to log out at times. Or even if I'm logged in, I am asked to log in for commenting, which is strange. Looks like there's a bug and someone will fix it, hopefully soon!

Firstly,clear your browser cache,cookies and history.Then log out from the account you used to create your account.This will make sure that you'll post comment without being logged in i.e. you'll need to enter name,email id,spam check fields to comment.

11. Raj Sarkar

The same thing is happening with me too. But I’ve got a temporary solution. I have set “makeuseof.com” as an exception in cookie settings so that the cookies are cleared when I close Chrome. I have to login each time.