Why can I not log into MakeUseOf in Opera Mobile on Anroid?

Harshit Jain October 21, 2012

I log in with Facebook on MakeUseOf. But there is a big problem with the login system. After clicking the Facebook button and logging in, the originally opened page of MakeUseOf stays in the same state. This problem occurs on the stock browser and Google Chrome. But it works flawlessly with Firefox for Android.

After clicking the Facebook login button in Opera Mobile, the login page simply shows a connection error. It sometimes works by clicking ‘try again’, but not always.

I have been facing these problems for many days. Please fix them. What about using Mozilla Persona login system?

1. DalSan Mack

Many of the mobile browsers are not compliant with all web standards. Firefox Mobile is more compliant I'm some areas, but lacks in others, even I'm Desktop mode. With the way MUO is set up, which is to help ensure that they get their due revenues from advertisements and the difficulty it is to code sites to be fully compliant with all browsers in all forms, errors will occur. Opera hasn't been nor will be compliant with most web standards. Chrome is similar, but in the way that they don't really support backwards compatibility with older standards since they focus more in future standards (which is why Flash is not supported). The Android browser is just a plain mobile browser with many compliancy issues, which is why most install third party browsers.

2. Raghav Gupta

Login to the site is not available in mobile version :(

3. Siddhant Chaurasia

If you can't use opera use chrome, firefox or other browsers they should work

4. Ahmed Khalil

can we open makeuseof from galaxy S2 browser

5. Muo TechGuy

The connection error from opera mobile is on facebook side, not us, so I cant help there. Mobile browsers are not officially supported - you should be redirected to a less functional mobile site automatically, in fact. Please use a desktop browser to get the full makeuseof experience.

That said, I'll look into the Chrome problem on my Android phone, though its difficult to debug it.

I am using an android tablet with Ice cream sandwitch.