Can someone else log into my email account and can I see what they are doing while I am logged in?
Question by bob /

If I’m reading my email, say on Yahoo, and someone else logs into my account from a different computer, can I see what they are doing?

• Dirif_d

thank you.

• dahir elmi

i think some one log in my email acount. and i can use my acount.

• Jay.0

Change your password.
      Which email you are using ?
      You can check “Last account activity” (bottom right) if you have gmail.

Use gmail..you will get such notification that how many other sessions are active…
    you can sign out the other sessions and also get the ip address of the other person using your account.

else you can check if the number of unread mails or number of mails in some folder
    or sent items changes or not.
    change your password…if you find something suspicious.

• Jill

How do you get the IP address of the other person if using gmail? Also, how can you tell if other sessions are running?
      thanks!

A message appears at the top of the screen that lets you know if it detected a login to your gmail account from an IP address that is different than the one you normally use. There is a link for more details that will tell you what the other IP address was (and a domain, if available via reverse lookup). I see this one if I have logged in while running a VPN session from a remote location on my tablet.

I have yet to see anything about other concurrent sessions.

No, they’d have to login as you on their computer in order to view your chats/emails.

Alternatively, you can use TeamViewer or some VPN program to view what they’re doing without their knowledge. Please remember to respect their privacy if you’re going to be doing this. The only time you should do this is for situations like this, or if you feel something suspicious/fishy is going on regarding you without your knowledge.

• Mulder

No, you cannot see what they are doing. If they were to move or delete an email that you were reading at the same time, or even to start a new message, then you would notice that the next time you refreshed your view; i.e., clicked on a different mailbox, went out of and then back to the same message.

That’s why you should always use secure passwords (ones that cannot be guessed).

• Jeffery Fabish

No.

The server delivers webpages to your browser. If someone else were to log into your email (assuming it allows redundant connections) it would treat him as a unique user. It gets rather complex so I encourage you to read more on how webservers work.