How do I lock inappropriate web content on my PC?

Bonor March 5, 2012

How do I lock inappropriate web content on my PC? I don’t want my 2 year old girl to grow up like my 13 year old!

1. Amit Sharma

Hi Bonor, best way would be to create two different accounts on your PC. One is the main administrator account and other is the guest account. Password protect your Admin account, and allow your daughter to enjoy the guest account with no inappropriate content inside. :) 

Hello, you also have the option of creating a specific account for your small child and use the parental controls already included in the system.  What version of windows are you using?

3. Matthew Begaud

Kids should only be online with you in the room.

You can add all sorts of programs and controls but the best is a parent that pays attention to whatever their kids do.

Sure a decent computer program will assist but as you know it is nowhere near fool proof.

For my kids, I am the admin on their netbooks and routinely trawl through what they are doing. As they get bigger I will obviously need to install some sort of keylogger software and also a net filter, but which I don't know at this stage as things will change dramatically I am sure before I need it.

Sorry I cannot recommend any specific software to you.

4. Lars250698

My dad uses trend micro, its pretty strickt and you can make exceptions for websites, you can also regulate when you have internet accsess. Just don't let her find out the password :D

Don't get me wrong but if you don't want "your 2 year old girl grow up like the 13 year old" you should probably think of an solution that doesn't involve technical components like computer, television or mobile phone.

Other then that I suggest the simple self-control method in not giving her access unless you are present.

k9 web protection
    http://www1.k9webprotection.com/

there are specific browsers for children look on the net. You can make another account on your windows for your 2 year old girl and let her using the children browser.