How can I locate a Windows 7 upgrade sent to me electronically?

Barb June 11, 2010

I purchased Windows 7 upgrade, it was sent electronically. I cannot find it anywhere on my computer. I use Windows Vista, I have a key number, can you please help me?
Thank You
Barb

1. Robinck

Hiya! I did somthing similar recently when i purchased 7 from ms download store. don't worry if you have lost the install file. If you used MSstore then you will have an order number. contact this address

msstore.UK@msdirectservices.com

Quote you invoice details and they will reset your download link

and allow you to download again. each reset allows you only three attempts to

get it right, so before hand make sure you use Internet explorer or firefox to make the download as other browsers are not supported. this will install the microsoftwindows
    download manager on your PC which will then download the relavent files you have chosen. The manager supports pausing and will pick up where it left off untill the files on on your pc.
    also download the Windows 7 USB/DVD tool form the same site(free) or google it if you cant find it.(make sure its the microsoft site you use !!!)

This tool will allow you to put the whole install file on a flash drive which speeds up the install massively !!! just follow the instructions....

I would suggest downloading the ISO option of win7 as this worked best for me.

when the files is complete, there are two!!! right click the largest one and open file location to find it on your system.

once you have its location you can open the USB/DVD tool and browse to the location of the iso file and hey presto your off!!!.

Hope that helps my friend, happy installing.

ps if you have managed to download the files properly all ready then use search function and look for the file that way.

I downloaded the ISO and this was called Windows7_Ultimate_ISO_32bit. the second file with it was called bootsect.

Happy hunting :)

I am not exactly how the process works, but did you receive an email with instructions?

3. Saikat Basu

Did you miss some step in the upgrade installation? You can contact MS store and speak to the rep regarding the problem. You must have some kind of transaction document with you when you went for the upgrade.