How can I locate my stolen Blackberry?

Dr. ohnny Siu Chong September 28, 2011

My Blackberry 9780 was stolen. I had difficulty and could not download Blackberry protect on it. Can I find my Blackberry if I have my IMEI# and BBM PIN?

1. masipa

lookig to locate my stolen blackberry

2. hicham kheznadji

my blackberry 9300 was stolen literally 5-6 hours ago and I'm really depressed as well as angry at the person who stole it i told the police they will look for suspects and tell me to identify the thief i hope i get it back :'(

3. chariz

my blackberry was stolen can i track it?

4. Syed ahmed

The International Mobile Equipment Identity or IMEI ( /a??mi?/) is a number, usually unique,[1][2] to identify GSM, WCDMA, and iDEN mobile phones, as well as some satellite phones. It is usually found printed inside the battery compartment of the phone. It can also be displayed on the screen of the phone by entering *#06# into the keypad on most phones.
    The IMEI number is used by the GSM network to identify valid devices and therefore can be used for stopping a stolen phone from accessing the network in that country. For example, if a mobile phone is stolen, the owner can call his or her network provider and instruct them to "blacklist" the phone using its IMEI number. This renders the phone useless on that network and sometimes other networks too, whether or not the phone's SIM is changed.
    The IMEI is only used for identifying the device and has no permanent or semi-permanent relation to the subscriber. Instead, the subscriber is identified by transmission of an IMSI number, which is stored on a SIM card that can (in theory) be transferred to any handset. However, many network and security features are enabled by knowing the current device being used by a subscriber.

5. Syed ahmed

sum1 has been stolen ma bb plz tell me how can i find it????

if any one find a bb with numbers 227557ff  call 5303054

7. Stunna_02

my bb got stolen i forgot my imei code only thing i know is my pin

8. Lavern Anderson

My BlackBerry 8520 Curve was stolen on December 16, 2011 at 8:45pm pin code is 223FB445 it contains a lot of personal information please help me to recover my phone. any progress contact me at +18764335026

As previously mentioned you cannot track a phone if no tracking system was installed beforehand. 
      Also there is no way to retrieve information from it unless some synchronization or backup was configured beforehand.

The maximum you can do is make sure that no one else is using your phone on your providers network by reporting the IMEI number and have it blocked from the service.

Unless you setup some tracking application you won't be able to locate it. The only thing you can do is report it stolen by your provider and get it's IMEI blocked from the service.

• Mrigakshi

My Blackberry curve 8520 was stolen two hours back. I have Blackberry Desktop software in my mac. I have backed up all the files and synced it too. Please tell me how can I get all my contacts back?

• Patrick

My sister in law BB was stolen 2 weeks back. I kept her bb pin and every now and then did a invite. yesterday got a reply. the person that has the Blackberry is in Nigeria, bought it in Lagos. told her it is a stolen phone. told her to do the right thing report it to police. Her answer was she bought it, its her phone now. I got a picture from her before telling her that the phone is stolen. So keep your BB pin number saved and keep trying to invite. This phone was blocked in south Africa and black listed in SA. But cell companies don't do this international cause they will lose too much money from all the stolen phones been reactivated.
        on your next BB download blackberry protect then will have a backup and tracking.

Thanks for sharing this interesting story, Patrick!