How can I locate someone’s location by tracking their cellphone?
Question by elsie /

My boyfriend cheated on me and told me a whole song and dance how he regrets it, but something tells me he isn’t where he says he is at all times. Is there a way for me to track his location by tracking the location of his cellphone?

• dave

ugh
    …..

• Bleghy

hey girl why dont u just date me?

• Edaren_23

8324433685

• Jsmith

If you are taking the time to do tho because you don’t trust them. Then it’s easier to end the relationship then to track cell phones. Idiot

• Paul Jenkins

First off…if you already know he cheated on you why do you still hang on to the relationship. He could sing and dance a million songs but that doesn’t change the fact that he cheated on you. I’m sorry but if a song and a dance is enough for you to forgive him about cheating on you, then you are veeery easily impressed. Secondly, to my knowledge, it’s illegal to actually track someone without their knowledge. Yes, even if he is your polka dancing “boyfriend”. What you could do is hire a private investigator as they might have legal privileges when they need to locate someone new york and they’ll surely do a better job than you.

• thaikarl

the man’s a liar, cheater, deceiver, and of course, you still L-O-V-E him, and want to resort to underhandedly installing an app on his phone, and stalk him, to prove to your self that he’s still lieing and cheating? you guys deserve each other.

get a gps tracking device – look them up. attache to his car. have fun.

• Jack Cola

I would suggest installing some of the programs Aibek mentioned (hopefully without him finding out that they are on is phone and activated).

If he uses Google Maps, try turning Google latitude on and make sure you have access to see his location. But that involves data charges, so he might get a large phone bill.

Hi Elsie

In pretty much all cases users need to install the tracking app on the device before it can be tracked online. I am afraid there is no way to do this without it unless you work for FBI or CIA. :-)

As Steve mentioned MakeUseOf covered many such apps in the past. Some that that come to my mind are:

The 9 Best iPhone GPS Apps
    Finding Your Friends Via GPS With These 9 Free Mobile Apps
    How To Trace a Mobile Phone Location with Google Latitude
    NavXS : Track your Friends’ Location from a Cell Phone
    BuddyWay : Free GPS Cell Phone Tracking Software

• Steve Campbell

Elsie,

The Dr. Phil in my tells you to just move on, but since this is a tech website I’ll try to help you out. :) If you’re looking to track a cell phone, we have covered multiple apps in the past:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tech-fun/search/?cx=009717636731598800244:qhe4rh7wuxs&cof=FORID:11&q=track+cell+phone&sa=

The only unique problem that comes to mind is that a lot of the apps used for GPS tracking require the user to install an app on their phone or be on the internet, so I’m not sure if anything we offer will work out for you or not but you’re welcome to take a look.