How do I load a microSD card into Toshiba satellite laptop?

steve May 16, 2010

1. Thunderbolt85

i have a the micro sd card in my computer but i cant find the file

2. Lindagannon

What is you accidentally put a micro SD card into the Satellite SD card slot. Can't seem to get it out. Any suggestions?

I would try to get it out using tweezers. Is the card stuck or does it move? If it's not stuck, you could try to get it out by turning over the laptop.

If these suggestions are not helpful, I recommend that you post a new question. Good luck!

3. timmyjohnboy

I have a Satellite laptop and it has a regular SD card slot in the front. Like thurana said, my microSD card came with the adapter allowing it to be read by the SD card slot. I'm not sure what model you have but mine is just to the right of the volume on the front.

Knowing the model will help in locating the card slot (assuming you have one).

If your laptop has a inbuilt card reader that supports a microSD, just put it in, otherwise, you have to purchase an external USB card reader. Then plug that into your laptop through USB

5. Steve Campbell

Tina suggested what came to my mind upon reading your request. Yes using an adapter is the easiest way to accomplish this short of purchasing a card reader, which is also cheap. If you plan on using multiple SD cards in the future, however, a card reader might be the way to go.

you can get adapters for microSD cards. They are dummy, regular size SD cards. You load your microSD into them and then use it like a full size SD card.