Why is there no list under Favorites in the Windows Explorer?

John Reese April 14, 2012

Using Windows 7 Ultimate as my OS. When I open Windows Explorer (not IE the browser), there is nothing listed under Favorite in the left hand column. If I click on Favorites, then on right hand side are several folders listed.

I like to click on Desktop, then open a program from Icons listed on my Desktop. Now I don’t have this option. How can I get this listing under Favorites to show? Is there simple box I need to check or uncheck to see the list? I tried to search for answer on Google, I have came up empty to solve this problem.

1. John Reese

I have done both and still nothing is listed.  I have delete links and restore links from other user.  I check my Registry and found nothing wrong.  I have look on the net for answer and tried several ideas but still no list.  Some where in hidden corner is a switch turn off.

how this happened?

try this
      1) Open the Start menu, and type gpedit.msc in the search line and press Enter.
      2) User Configuration, Administrative Templates, Windows Components, Windows Explorer, and Common Open File Dialog
      3) In the right pane, right click on Items displayed in Places Bar and click on Edit
      4) To Restore Default Items Displayed in the Places Bar: select either Not Configured or Disabled

Click on the arrow to the left of Favorites.

right click on favorites and choose Restore Favorite Links?