Which Linux Media Center program can boot before Windows like HP Quick Web does?

Deng September 7, 2010

HP has this instant web program. It allows you to surf the web, view photos, access music on the hard drive etc.

I own a HP S5588D and I would like to know if there are any similar Linux programs, e.g. Enna media center or other better ones, which are able to function like the HP program above. Because if I want to access my music, photos, videos or even play DVDs, I need to boot Windows.

Is there any other way to boot a separate program, which is like Enna media center, or better, without even switching on Windows?

There is nothing that will boot as fast as the HP pre-installed. I like xPud for fast-boot functionality. Yes on the separation, you can partition a drive to do this, but you will eventually corrupt Windows. Once that happen you will have to reinstall Windows and try to recover what you can.

I personally like Enna, here is a list for you. Most Linux Media Centers are based off of these five.
    http://thelinuxcauldron.wordpress.com/2009/04/14/the-list-the-top-5-media-center-programs-for-linux/

• deng

hi, its me again. I was wondering, is it possible to install xbmc as a 'live usb' program? Then, i will be able to access all my media files, play dvd's, and everything else without the need to boot windows