Why do links in the MakeUseOf Newsletter redirect to Google.com?

Marko Resnik September 3, 2012

Why is it that when I click on an article in my MakeUseOf newsletter the browser redirects me to Google.com? I’m so confused. I don’t think its an extension or anything similar…

1. Marko

Somehow the problem is fixed. I dont know how, but the links are working fine now. :D Thank you all for help!

• Chris Hoffman

Good to hear it wasn't my problem, at least! Glad it's working for you, and thanks for subscribing!

2. Chris Hoffman

Hi, I run the MakeUseOf Newsletter and I'm not sure what the problem could be.

It's possible that it's a mistake I've made in the newsletter -- is this happening with one specific link in one specific newsletter?

If it's happening with all links, I can't reproduce that -- I'm also not sure what the problem could be.

• Marko

It started happening 3 or 4 newsletters ago (including geeky fun, the directory and latest picks... the q&a newsletter is working fine). And all links re-direct to google.com :(

3. Craig Snyder

I'm also not experiencing that problem. Could be a couple of different problems, I'd recommend running Spybot or possibly switching over to OpenDNS, maybe Google's DNS.

4. Wael Guirguis

It may related to ISA server in your network. so check the same links from another network because it may blocked at your current network and redirect these blocked sites to Google.com.

• Marko Resnik

I am afraid I didnt understand what you wanted to say. Could you explain in a more newbie friendly way? :)

I've checked this and it doesn't redirects me to Google.com site.I think,your browser or PC might had got infected with a virus.So,to be sure,try scanning your whole PC with a good antivirus like Avast,Microsoft Security essentials.

• Marko

Ok, will do that. Thanks :D

• Marko

I scanned my computer with Avast and nothing came outa as a threat. :(
      It all worked fine untill about a week ago... Im so confused right now...