How can I link two routers wirelessly to extend my wireless network?
Question by Allissa Howell /

How to link two routers wirelessly to extend my wireless network?

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , , , , ; or ask your own question.

• MerVzter Balacuit

it depends on ur router capability or features try to check its website or manual

• Oron

As Mike says, it depends on the router(s). The router which is connected to the broadband provider will obviously continue to function in that role. The second router needs to function as a Wireless Access Point (WAP), and there are several ways to achieve this.

There are actually other pieces of equipment specifically designed to extend wireless networks (e.g. WiFi repeaters or Wifi/ethernet or homeplug bridges). Unless you already have the two routers, and money is tight, it may be better to use a tool designed specifically for the job. It won’t work any better, but it will a lot easier to set up!

• cypherinfo

Hello, this is one of the best article on the topic you requested:

Read with attention and feel free to ask me for any help.

Thank you.

It depends on the routers you have and their functionality but the options available primarily are:

– Repeater / Repeater Bridge
    – Wireless Distribution Service (WDS)

The best reading material on either I can offer is the DD-WRT Wiki