How can I link multiple GMail accounts?

Sardool March 7, 2011

I linked one GMail account to my primary account following the 4 step directions by MakeUseOf How to Link Multiple Gmail Accounts Together in 4 Easy Steps How to Link Multiple Gmail Accounts Together in 4 Easy Steps Our lives are made up of work, friends, family, hobbies, events, clubs, and so on. Because our lives are so diversified we often have multiple email accounts. Gmail is a great, free email program that... Read More . It works. Then I copied the instructions for two more GMail account to link them to my primary account, but they don’t show up under the labels in my primary account. I have checked and rechecked. Everything seems correct. What is the remedy?

1. Angi Grayham

Oh that's easy, use Thunderbird email client ( http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/ )! I have 4 different Gmail accounts and that's what I use to read and send mail. Install it, then go into your Gmail settings via web browser, then Forwarding and POP/IMAP, enable IMAP or there's a link a little lower that shows you how to tweak the settings just right. This is also a good way to back up your Gmail account! HTH

• Sardool Bhogal

This does not apply to me since I am transferring are all Gmail accounts.

3. Angela Alcorn

You may have set it up correctly, but Gmail might automatically hiding the labels from you if there's no unread messages.

It's a new feature of Gmail as of this week. This post explains the change and tells you how you can change your settings:
    http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/gmail-upgrades-labels-labs-extensions-news/

To check, look just below your labels and click on the "x more" down arrow. You'll see any hidden labels. From there, you can click on the label you want to see and change the settings to "Always show" in the label list.

• Sardool Bhogal

Thanks for reply Angela. I did as you said. First secondry account works just as it should. Other two deliver messgae to my In Box of the primary account but neither label them nor keep them seperate.Still get delivery to origional address as well.