How can I link to the Facebook Fan Page in an eMail?
Question by James Bowyer /

What is the code I can put in an email so that clicking on it will take the user to the Facebook “LIKE IT” button on a Fan Page?

• Gzoneofakind

How can I link a facebook event to an email address that’s not a fb friend?

• Jack Cola

The code you should use is -a href=”” rel=”nofollow”–img src=”” alt=”name”/–/a-

replace – with

• Steve Campbell

Yes, like Taty suggested, you can create a Facebook fan box right from your page. It will give you an embed code which you can then post on a website or blog. You could always put an image in your email and link it to your Facebook fan page. That way, if someone were to click the image they would be taken to the page where they can Like it.

• James

I read Taty and your reply but exactly how do I link my JPG image to the FB page? When I copy my JPG image to email it goes in as an attached JPG file. I know this is basic but I appreciate your help.

• Jessica Cam W.

The easiest way is to use Gmail since other webmail services just attach pictures, in which case, you can’t link them to an URL.

If you’re using Gmail, you would have to enable the “Inserting images” Labs feature for this to work. Then when you’re composing your email, click on the Insert button (do not attach a picture file) and select one from your computer or one hosted on the web. Once you’re done, you should see the image in the email body (not attached). Select the picture by clicking on it, then click on the Link button and paste the URL of your Facebook Fan page.

• Steve Campbell

Sorry about that. If you’re using Gmail, you can go into Settings and the
      Labs tab and enable the inserting of images into emails. A lot of other
      email clients already support inline images, some will use the attached
      image file. Once an image is inserted, you can simply highlight it and click
      the hyperlink button to add the link.

• Jack Cola

What are you using as your email client? If you use Thunderbird, you just have to copy the image into the body of the email and send it as HTML

• Taty

Hi James
    There are a few security issues when posting certain code to emails. My suggestion is that you create a graphic image of the fan page and link that image to the url of your Facebook fan page for people to join. You can embed the fan box code to the email itself, but several email providers would block that code from running or even preventing the email from getting through.