Why does the link to my business Facebook page open my personal page?

Satbir Allman November 12, 2011

I have just created a business Facebook page for my very small emerging business. However, every time I put the address in, it goes back to my personal Facebook page, not my business one. I need to get the address printed onto promotional material, so am getting frustrated by this. I have 37 likes for the page and have set the username before the likes, help!

1. Randy Vincelette

I have a PROFILE (Timelines) page from which I have added a business PAGE.  After putting in pictures and such on the business PAGE, I tried to link the business PAGE to that business' Twitter account.  Facebook will only allow me to link the business PAGE to my personal Twitter account. 

How do I solve this?  Do I have to do what Rose Mary did?

2. Machahbo

Mohamed Achahboun

3. Vikky M2209

my facebook profile is converted into page ..... how can i get my prfile back.....am quite uncomfirtable with page.....

4. Rose Mary

I had the same situation happen. What happened  is that you were logged in to your personal acct when you accessed the FB page and it linked them. What I had to do was delete the business page (wait till it is completely deleted, about 3 slow weeks), log off your personal page and create another account with your business page. Hope this works for you.

Thank you for sharing your solution, Rose!

5. tb

If I already have a personal facebook page and want to set up a business page...do I set up a seperate account for the business page?  Thanks

first of all, let me clear, that there two types of facebook account,
      business account and personal account.
      a fan page is a fan page whether you se it for business or personal use.

if you want to create a fan page to connect with your members of your brand etc, you can do it from your personal profile also.

A business account is something that manages the pages only, a business account can not see profiles of people and add friends, and it is setup just to manage the pages.

it is for someone who just want to manage fan pages and does not have a normal profile on facebook.

you can't convert your personal account into business account.

so i don't think you need a business account, if you already have a personal account.
      if you want to create one, you will have to create a facebook page first without using your currrent login information. so it will have nothing to do with your current account.

I think you are confusing some terms : "facebook business profile", "personal profile", business page and personal page.

can you explain the situation more clearly.
    and tell me that , do you have a normal facebook profile like everyone else has or you have setup a business profile which can be set only if yo do not have a personal normal account like everybody is using with add friend and message buttons.

1.how did you register on faceboook? with a normal account or something else ?
    2.are you saying that you have a normal profile, and when you go to your page, it opens your profile and not the page ?
    3.can you give me the link of your facebook page with 37 likes, or name of that page that you can't reach.

help center "business Facebook page

Business Accounts

How can I effectively organize and manage multiple advertising accounts?

Facebook Now Allows Personal Profiles To Be Converted Into Business Pages

Difference Between a Page and Profile on Facebook