Can I limit visibility of posts to my Facebook wall by others to only them and me?
Question by Snoody /

I currently have my wall set to read-only. Nobody is allowed to post to it. This is mostly because I have some friends that would post highly dubious things to it (and have in the past) that I wouldn’t want all my work colleagues to see. You can imagine the kind of drunken stupidness people get up to.

So I had to disable all friends from writing to the wall.

It would be nice if I could either allow only specific lists to be able to post, or to allow people to post, but those posts would initially be visible to only me and the poster. They’d never know that not everyone can see it.

Once I see it’s a fairly safe post, I could then change it’s visibility (which according to Jay in another post on this site, is now possible, but I haven’t been able to confirm this).

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , , ; or ask your own question.

• NoName poster

I want to set up a Facebook for a group of alumni but don’t want to see all their post (just related post to our specific group.  Can that be done?

• Susendeep Dutta

Could you please explain your question in detail so that I can help you exactly according to your needs?

• Dada

I have different groups, how can I limit posts to those respective groups only? E.g. if I post something on group1, it will appear on my Facebook wall and all my friends can see what I posted on group1. I don’t want my posts from group1 to go on my Facebook wall. Is there a way to privatize that?

• TheAhBooBoo

Is it possible for me to limit the visibility of the posts from a certain group of friends? Meaning certain people ‘s post on my wall wouldn’t appear to the rest of my friends.

• Nan_peppermint86

There are some nasty comment post on my wall, is there any way to approve the post before it shown on the wall post?

• Jay.0

No, you can disable posting on your wall, or you can delete the post..
      but  the option you are asking is not available.

• Vlada T

Yes, of course. Choose Privacy Settings, than next to the profile (Timeline) and Tagging heading, click Edit Settings. And than make  Review posts friends tag you in before they appear on your timeline to ON. :)

• Lil wayne

HI i was wondering if you could possibly help i want to limit the visibility of my posts, you know how you scroll to the bottom of the page and more comments etc load up i only want the top page to be visible and dont want others to see these comments if you get what i mean thanks

• Jay.0

1) do you want to limit the comments on a post ?
      2) do you want to show only new posts and do want to display older posts which can be seen by scrolling?

1st is not possible.(yu can only delete the comments)

2nd :
      Use timeline and hide the old posts by clicking the edit (pencil ) icon on the posts. and select “hide from timeline”

Apply this to all your old posts, and now, people will see only new posts.

• Jahee

Changing the wall visibility to only me is an illusion of privacy. While it will limit visibility through Facebook, third part apps and searches will turn up the posts.  Facebook shares access with third parties and you will not be asked to approve the content and it will be largely invisible to you through Facebook.  If you do not want posts to be seen on your wall, the best you can do it prohibit them.

• Jay.0

The best is not to usefacebook apps, and to click on dont allow :
      When they “Request for Permission” when you use an app on facebook,

examples of permissions :
      *Access my basic information
      *Send me email
      *Post to Facebook as me (apps can post notes, )
      *Access your data any time(when you are not using the app)

all these things are asked, when asked to click on “allow”.

and when you click on allow, it is not without your approval.

Account settings>security>apps
      you can see last data access by apps.
      and you can edit or remove also.

https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=applications

Do you know any search that reveals private updates like you said ?

• K_Z_z3

like this..

• Hello.

I would also like to know how to configure my settings so my wall is like that picture ^

• Jay.0

Do you allow subscribers ?Do youhave the same problem ?

set everything to friends only.

• Jay.0

you must have applied some settings that enable public to comment on them.

Set every privacy setting to friends only.
      also if you allow subscribers, choose the setting that disables the comment option.

• K_Z_z3

my posts are visible but i want only my friends to comment them. how do i do that?

• athrva

how can i restrict visibblity of my WALL to only my friends??

if i see my profile from my mothers, i can see my entire wall!!!!! imean whatever i have posted and all….status updates,videos etc……this is coz she and i have 4 mutual frnds…….

but i want only my frnds to see my wall…..can u help….i tried few things…didnt work…. :((

• Freda Tterry

How can I add a students, active students, inactive students and/or class list to fb friends column?

• Jay.0

you have to create those lists.
      go to home page, and click on more from the lists section.
      then you will see

or click this link (after signing in):
      http://goo.gl/8YtpX

And click on create list option.

You will see an edit option which looks like a pencil.
      using it you can add a list to favorite to make it permanent to th left side column.

or you can hide a list.