How do I lighten up a photo using my computer?
Question by Maryanne Schaeffer /

I took a photo that is too dark. I want to lighten it up a bit. How can I do that on my computer?

Try Photosurfer
    To increase photo brightness do the following :
    1) View photo in Full View
    2) Select the Exposure Slider icon on the bottom toolbar
    3) Move the slider to brighten or darken your photo
    4) Select the Save icon on the bottom toolbar:

Hello, What operating system are you running?  When you bought your camera, did it come with a CD for drivers and software?  If it did, did you install the software for your camera?  You can open that program and see if it has any brightness/darkness filters included.  Most programs include basic filters for brightness. 

You could also use software like windows live photo gallery to edit your picture.  Make sure to work in a copy of original picture, not original:

— open windows live photo gallery
    — open picture you want to edit
    — click on Exposure and then click on down arrow
    — you will see several copies of your pictures there with different levels of brighness/darkness, move mouse on each picture and you will see how your picture would look with those settings

— once you find a setting you like, click on it
    — your picture saves with these settings. 
    — If you still want to fine tune picture, play with the fine tune sliders

— your picture settings save automatically, if you want to return it back to original settings, click on revert to original icon.

Of course there are many options for accomplishing this, it is just a matter of you finding a program that you like and it is easy for you to use.  I am sure, othe people will give you more options.