Why does my Lenovo battery drain fast?

sujatha October 3, 2014

Hi, I have a new Lenovo laptop. It is my gift from my brother in the USA.

He forgot to send the battery so I had to purchase one locally. I noticed that
the battery dries up in no time.

I need to know: What is causing the problem?

Please assist.

You could try BatteryCare. When a laptop is running on battery power, there are a few Windows services and features that contribute to rapid draining of the battery such as Windows Aero, SuperFetch, SearchIndexer, and ReadyBoost. Disabling these features/services when on battery power will prolong its life between charges.

2. DalSan M

Battery Bar download (get the free basic version): https://batterybarpro.com/

3. DalSan M

Along with giving the other information, you can download and install Battery Bar and take a look at the mAh (battery level) when fully charged sui we can compare it to the actual OEM specifications. If it varies from the OEM numbers, then you most likely got a bad or non-OEM battery abd should ask fur a refund or replacement.

It may well be the battery itself! Not all batteries are made the same, and if this one is not an original Lenovo part it may be of poor quality.

BTW, if you want us to help you get to the bottom of this you need to tell us the model & specs of the laptop (processor type & speed anyway), what you mean by "dries up in no time" (5 minutes? an hour? two hours?) and also how you use the laptop during that time - is it just for general browsing, gaming or watching videos? All these factors have a major bearing on battery life.

Power management
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/features/power-management

if you are on vista, 7 turn off aero effect while on battery

6. Jan F.

What is the model of your laptop?
    What programs are you using and/or have running in the background?
    Did you purchase a OEM battery or a rebuild, new or used?