How can I learn to build a business website?

RaGuNaTh.B KeTtVaN August 26, 2012

Now, I want to build a own website. Tired of using those free service and get stuck in halfway! Gonna build a website for business purpose. What things to consider about? Do I need to be an expert in writing php scripts?

1. Kathy Davis

You can get a php developer and make it, be clear with your output so that you may feel easy top continue..

2. Sri Swaminathan Vanarasi

My suggestion wolud be any of the Below 3 CMS's
    #1 WordPress
    #2 Drupal (ecommerce modules) and also try with drupal gardens
    #3 Joomla
    :)
    u can work with all these without much knowledge of Php and html

3. Stephanie w

If you are Australian, the government has a MYOB deal that is pretty decent. Its something to look into if you live there.

4. VictorGeis

I would definitely consider what is the purpose of your business website. Is it for people who are already active customers and the website is to enhance their experience? Or is it to inform new customers about your business? This will give you a good idea on how much space and bandwidth you'll need from a web host. This will also give you an idea on how much you might need to learn; a login page usually requires some scripting language knowledge, while you could get away with just HTML and some Javascript if you only want to inform potential customers with your product.

A great way to learn about writing HTML, Javascript, PHP and more is at w3schools.com.

5. Ravi Lamontagne

I would recomment drupal and adding the ubercart eCommerce module.

6. Mohit

You don't need PHP scripting if you only wish to showcase your company on your website..

ie, if you just want to show the visitors what your products and services are, like Management, or IT solutions etc... then you only need to know how to use Dreamweaver or similar software... Some basic concept of photoshop too!
    Dreamweaver is very easy, and a simple CSS script website template can be edited via dreamweaver + photoshop and created into a very nice website.
    If you're looking for ecommerce, then I have no idea of what's to be done in that case...

7. Emanuel

If you want to get far. I would advise you to start learning some Web programming. Start in this sequence. HTML5, CCS3, Javascript/JQuery, Php and myself and next try to pick up at least one object oriented programming language such as Java, .Net, ActionScript with objects and classes, or C# for the Web.

If you want to start that route, then I would advise you to start out using notepad ++ or Aptana Studio 3, then slowing progress to advance IDE like Adobe Dreamweaver etc.

8. i0ni

For a simple website, you could use wordpress + a business template. You don't need to learn to write php code. There are a lot of tutorials on how to use wordpress.