Why does my LCD TV show a black screen for 30 minutes when first turned on?

Jundee Layne September 18, 2011

I have a Sony LCD 47 inch TV, model #KDL-46S4100. It shows a black screen for about 30 plus minutes when first turn it on. Is there a bad card in it that can be replaced? If so, where can I buy one? Thanks

Have you changed the TV input to dish-TV setting, like when connecting PS3, xbox??? maybe turned off the surge protector?
    http://www.ehow.com/how_5516548_troubleshoot-sony-crt-tube-tv.htm

• Jundee Layne

I have tried plugging into another wall outlet, didn't work. The sound work's fine, just takes the picture a long time to come up. If I could find a place to buy card's, it would be a great help. It acts like a bad resistor, or one that's going bad.  When it's cold, no connection, when it warms up a connection is made. But, I'm not sure.

Probably a faulty capacitor in the power supply unit, which would explain why it takes a long time to start up. Alternatively it could also be a bad HDMI cable.

Is the TV still under warranty?

• Jundee Layne

No warranty. When it was working, there was a very short warm up time. It used to show the input it was on in the upper right hand corner after the short warm up. If you look at the back you can see light coming into the screen, it act's like it's not getting the input from a card to make it show anything on the screen. The only reason I don't think it's a HDMI cable is, with a bad cable it should show no signal in the bottom left corner as if the tv was the only thing on.  If I just leave it turned on all the time it's not a problem, the picture comes right up when the DVR is turn on.

3. Robdal_19

its fake