What can I do if my laptop’s Windows 7 Home Premium copy is not genuine?

Cla September 9, 2012

I’m a teen who has a laptop. I need it. And one day, I just turned it on and I couldn’t log in because it said that it wasn’t genuine. And now I’m stuck with effing Safe Mode. I mean, I know I should be thankful that I’m still able to use it for homework, but I’m a teen for Pete’s sake. SOMEBODY HAVE MERCY AND HELP A POOR LITTLE TEEN AND HER SOCIAL LIFE. Haha, lol.

But seriously, I need this. Please help me, I don’t have dad to help me out, and mom isn’t here either. I have no one else, but you guys. Please.

1. Sheik

first of all.. it looks like ur asking for some donation or something.. y bringing out all unwanted points??

2. Areeb Majeed
  3. Loreson San Juan

Try using UBUNTU. Don't use illegal software

4. salim benhouhou

i think you should buy a new key for your windows version from microsoft store

5. Sumaiya

you can still use it if you have the cracked activation key..google it you may find it

6. kenny brannan

If this problem occured after windows updates here is the sollution

http://geekmontage.com/how-to-uninstall-windows-7-activation-update-kb971033/

7. Dave

If you windows is genuine go to activate windows click activate now then follow prompts it should give you a free number to phone Microsoft they will sort it for you, I had to do this once when I repaired a friends pc. If you do not have a genuine key then go here much cheaper for students -
    http://www.software4students.co.uk/t/brands/windows-7

8. Jacky Louie Agot

you installed a not geniune windows. or maybe expired. so you need to buy a license key for your os. but for me i will search it on google how to removed the genuine, or else you download. the windows 7 loader. you dont need to buy license key.. hehehe.

9. Dimal Chandrasiri

you have some options that you can do.

first : Buy a genuine windows disc from a retailer in your country and install it.

second : feeling windows is crap... :) many of us geeks do. if so, switch to a free OS like Ubuntu or fedora or some other. They are free and somewhat better in performance than windows.

I would opt for the second. it's your choice now sweety.

10. Shane La Horie

Don't buy anything search for a windows 7 activator and activate it.

11. Gabriel Avila

you can buy a genuine copy of windows or just use vistaloader( the software that makes the copy of windows currently installed genuine, well displayed as genuine)

12. Gian Singh

If it is illegal buy it or use a crack like program just search removeWAT or if you did buy it enter your activation code

13. Saurav Azad

get a genuine copy !!! or use can send me a message and i will send you the trick which i cannot mention here

14. prasadh

download patch for that related version of windows,put ur anti virus to idle and install that patch thats it.search in google for the patch.

15. Abby Rakshit

Google it mate. Not actually recommending but there are some keys available on Internet for free, so just try them and hopefully it will be genuine.

16. fatihamzah

Tell ur a student, then u got the cheaper

Hello, I am afraid we need a little bit of info to see if we can help. Did your laptop come with this operating system installed? Was the operating system working ok and then all of the sudden it is telling you it is not genuine? Did you installed this operating system knowing that it is not genuine?

The proper answer would be to get a genuine copy of the operating system. Other users have already given you the option of using the discounts provided to students. The other option you have as already mentioned is to switch to linux which is free operating system.

18. vasu gupta

I think you need to reflash your computer bios and see if slic table gets refresed, then manually validate via internet.
    OR BUY A GENUINE COPY OF WINDOWS

19. Just for you Cla

http://up.ht/Ryd7pP

Head to that link.

Download the file in safe mode.

Unzip it to your desktop.

Run the file.

You have reenabled your windows. You are now genuine again.

20. Jamil Ahmed

Switch to Ubuntu. It's awesome

Logically you should buy the product license. Also, if your school or college has a student campus agreement, then all the students can use the microsoft products legally. Check with your school authorities. However, if nothing is feasible, google download this and run it : http://jainshobhit5.blogspot.in/2012/08/windows-7-loader-v217-by-daz-english.html

• Alan Wade

Following this person's advice will proberly render your system completely useless!

No, it doesn't. It is one of the most tested around the world. However, I do realise it's implications so initially the correct advice has been given.

Do you know if your copy of Windows is pirated?
    Just because you are getting the Ilegal Copy warning does not mean that it isnt genuine!
    Is there a sticker with the Windows serial number on your laptop?

23. tonybac

If you can't buy a genuine copy of Windows 7, and you don't want to switch to Linux, then just install Windows 8 RP, its free and its Microsoft...and save some money so you can buy a genuine Windows 7 license

24. Joel Alar

if you are student, you can buy the licensed win7 home edition. This is cheaper than wiin7 Pro.

25. Sam

Good advice Shakirah Faleh Lai, [MOST were not.]

26. Daniel Tanner

Last time this happened to me the system date had somehow reset to something like 2004. That will cause this error and its a simple fix.

27. Steven Lam

The question should be is your laptop has a license copy of win 7. if your machine has win 7 pre-installed or you bought a copy for it standalone then you should call MS and ask them for a new activation code. Look on bottom and see if there is a sticker for win 7. that is a good indicator of whether it is legit. if it is a bootleg copy and you like to atill use win 7 then you just have to buy one. if money is an issue, i suggest you re-install the original window to get it going. is there somebody who could help you with that?

28. Sacha Obado

I would recommend you purchase a genuine key for windows 7 or you could change OS's to linux. A nice one to try is linux mint 13 maya mate here http://www.linuxmint.com

29. Nicky Angel

Well, if you can buy it, go for win 7 ultimate. I know that you updated a 1.2 Mb file from windows upgrade.

30. Shakirah Faleh Lai

Do you have a windows product key? Find the key at the back of your laptop and try to use the key.

31. Rich Mc.

Buying a genuine copy is your only option....

• Matthew T.

no it not i have a free version of windows 7 ultimate using a simple loader all you do is open the loader and hit "activate" and it tricks the system into thinking it is activated and genuine

32. Erlis Dhima

You can buy a product key...
    Or you can use a loader! (Which means hacking, something I will not explain it here).
    Maybe you should search: Windows 7 Home Premium Loader.
    Or contact me! :)

• Cla

I have the Windows Loader thing, idk how to use it. Help?

• Erlis Dhima

Contact me on my Facebook profile, and I'll explain!

33. Garey Boone

I found this article on make use of it might lend you a hand with your issue http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/fix-windows-7-activation-countdown-installing-sp1-update/ here is the disclaimer that is included in the article Note: MakeUseOf.com does not condone the use of unlicensed software under any circumstances. It is your responsibility to ensure you own a correct license key for every copy of Windows you own. If you choose to remove the DRM and activation procedures from your legally-purchased software, that is your choice. The least expensive way for you to go genuine would be to get licensed student copy which are fairly inexpensive and you need to be able to verify that you are a student. Here is a link to the Microsoft student store http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/en_US/cat/categoryID.37826100

34. Adjei Kofi

You'll have to buy a genuine key from the microsoft website.

35. GrrGrrr

u said u r a teen, so u should be going to school. Microsoft has tie ups with many schools where u can buy genuine OS for very cheap pay,say just $5.

so either buy a genuine OS, or go for Free Linux, etc

• Ahmed Khalil

Thats wright Microsoft provide license for OS for very cheap rate

36. julien croy

Buy a license key and from microsoft and then activate it on windows 7.

37. Josh Barrett

You could try and take the plunge, and switch os, but other than that, you have to buy a genuine copy.

38. Jordyn Bushaw

Buy a genuine copy of the software.