Why won’t my laptop start?

stevie December 11, 2011

I am not longer receiving a BIOS splash screen on my laptop. All I get is a blue screen, with no words at all. Any idea?

1. mike

sounds like bad ram

Hello, is the color of the screen a bright blue like a blue screen of death? or is it a lighter blue?  Would it be possible for you to take a picture of blue screen and add it to your next post by using the +Image option at bottom of comments screen?  If it is a lighter blue, does it give you the option at the very bottom to enter setup?  Can you enter BIOS ok? Here is a list of keys needed to enter BIOS for several manufacturer's and models:

http://michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm

Find out the key needed to enter BIOS in your model and then restart computer.  Keep pressing that key.  If you are able to enter BIOS, check in the first page shown if your hard drive is recognized.   

reset cmos battery or you can flash the BIOS with a new one go to your manufacturer website and look for the BIOS

Unplug the power, remove the battery and then hold the power button for 30 to 60 seconds. Then reattach the power and attempt a boot.

1. Unplug The POWER
    2. Remove BATTERY
    3. Hold POWER BUTTON for 30/60 Seconds
    4. REATTACH POWER AND START THE LAPTOP
    5. Shut down
    6. PUT IN THE BATTERY and restart

can you Boot to safe mode?if yes then perhaps is video driver problem