What is the best laptop to run the latest software?

neha singh March 7, 2011

What is the best company for the laptop, which can easily support the latest and all heavy software?

1. shiela felix

I forgot username

You should be fine with any laptop costing more than 800-900$.

Neha,

for a good recommendation you need to be more specific. What kind of software do you want to run? Are you going to need a strong CPU, a lot of RAM, strong graphics, does the notebook need to be ultra portable, i.e. light with long battery lifetime, or what else are you looking for? And how much are you willing to spend? The truth is, it's very hard and expensive to have everything.

I for example went with a rather pricey mobile workstation that has very decent graphics, yet not high end, i.e. not suitable for gaming. However, the screen resolution was the highest on the market at the time, which was my top priority because I always have tons of windows open when working on my computer. It also had to have a strong CPU and good RAM because I have a lot of software running in parallel. Now all of this came at the cost of size and mobility. It is a large and heavy laptop that eats a lot of power, so the battery doesn't last long. But it had to be a laptop because I wanted to take it to work and then work while I was traveling. So far it worked out very well, but I need an upgrade soon. :)

It all depends on your priorities. So let us know what exactly you need the computer for and we will be able to give you better advice.

Pretty much all major manufacturers offer high-end and gaming series models with enough power for gaming and rendering. For example: HP, Dell Alienware, ASUS, MSI, Acer, iBUYPOWER, ...

Some of them even have models with SLI graphics:
    http://www.slizone.com/object/slizone_buyprebuilt_nb_us2.html