Why doesn’t my laptop play HD video smoothly via KM Player?

Mishaal September 5, 2012

I recently purchased DELL E4300 (laptop), it has a 64MB video card with 2GB shared memory of RAM.

I don’t know much about computers but my friend also has a laptop with even less specs than mine’s but still it plays all HD videos and every format. I have Windows 7 Ultimate installed in my laptop. One more thing is that its runs 1080p video smooth in VLC player but the same video hangs in KM player, I actually prefer to use KMplayer because it loads subtitles easily and I dont how to load subtitles in VLCplayer, can anyone help me because I love to watch movies but this problem forces me to watch low quality videos.

I think that my laptop should play all types of videos u can see its specs on google (or here http://www.mega.pk/laptop_products/4704/Dell-Latitude-E4300.html).. All i know that my friend’s laptop have 64 MB video card but do not have any shared memory.

1. Usman Mubashir

KM player DOES lags with HD videos, I use GOM player for this.

2. Harshit Jain

Try media player classic.

3. Erlis Dhima

I would recommend installing K-Lite Codec pack, which is the best I would say!
    But I don't say it will work 100%, since you have a 64MB video card, and shared...
    Anyway, try to install it, and also I would recommend what ha14 said!

5. Dalsan

Go into the settings of KM Player and try to see if there are settings for using hardware acceleration. If it is not selected to use hardware acceleration, select it to use the acceleration. If it is, unselect it. Otherwise, you may have to install codecs or update your drivers for video and other drivers.

6. Saikat Basu

Try changing the decoder usage in the Player's preference from Options. Then go to "Decoder Usage" from the left side menu and choose "Internal Video Decoder". Remove the checkmark from the "H.264" button by clicking on it. This could help to reduce the CPU usage and smoothen playback.

I have stopped using KMPlayer, because it has become bloated. Try out PotPlayer from the same developer. [Link: http://download.cnet.com/Daum-Potplayer/3000-13632_4-12199673.html%5D

7. Dalsan
    • Mishaal

thanks for your help but i need to know why my laptop does not play full hd or 1080p videos smoothly especially in KMplayer?