Why do games on my laptop freeze?

Patrick F December 26, 2013

Hello. So I have ran into a huge problem. I just got a laptop for Christmas so it is brand new out of the box and everything works great. The games run perfectly fine (Battlefield 4, Black Ops 2 etc.) but after about 5-10 minutes, the game just randomly freezes. I try to alt-tab out of it and it does go back to the desktop only to a black screen. The Windows 8 tile interface still works though. The only option I have is to reboot the system. I guarantee its not heat because my temperatures are pretty decent – 73-80 C for the CPU and 76-78 C for the GPU. My graphics drivers are also up to date. I have no clue what the problem could be. If anyone could help or suggest anything, that would be awesome.
System Specs:
Lenovo Ideapad Y410p
Core i7 4700MQ
8 GB RAM
Geforce GT 750m 2 GB
1 TB 5400RPM HDD
Windows 8.1

Download and try using IOBit Razer Game Booster: http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html. There may be an unnecessary background service running that could be causing the lag/freeze issues. If your antivirus and/or firewall has a game mode, use that as well. Remember to turn off Game Booster and put the antivirus/firewall back to normal mode when finished playing the games.

try to update the video driver