Which is the best laptop in the current market?

Sudeep July 24, 2010

I want to buy a new laptop. I am a computer engineering student, so I need performance first, as well as entertainment. No specific price range.

1. Lenovo Laptop Accessories

there are various laptops available with excellent features and good quality and after sale service. But I like Lenovo from all of them.

2. Josh Fox

MakeUseOf writer, Matt Smith, posted an article on his blog reviewing the major contenders.
    http://smidgenpc.com/2010/04/23/the-best-laptop-brands-a-comprehensive-review/

And, a roundup of the top choices.
    http://smidgenpc.com/2010/05/10/a-roundup-of-the-best-quality-laptops/

I would say that the assessments are fair and thorough enough to at least narrow down the options.

Well, you really will have to consider what all you want from your laptop. After all it's a purchase you will make once in a few years. Therefore, you'd want to consider a good blend of features as well as a price that doesn't kill you. The main factors are listed below:

Screen Size: The larger the screen, the more expensive the laptop.

RAM: Depending on how heavily you are going to use the laptop and how much you will stress it, you could go for anything between 2GB, 3GB, 4GB RAM. Also, remember that the higher the speed of the RAM (in MHz), the costlier it is likely to be.

Processor & Motherboard: The market today is mainly flooded with the Intel Core series of processors and their accompanying motherboards. You will be able to find one that fits your needs perfectly

Accessories: Does it come with a haversack? Do they throw in a free wireless mouse? Make sure you get the best deal when it comes to accessories.

Warranty and Support: You might save a couple hundred dollars by going for a cheaper laptop but they may not have adequate support and warranty. Make sure you get your money's worth.

OS: If you really want to save some money, go for a laptop that ships Linux with it instead of Windows. Linux laptops come much cheaper than their Windows counterparts.

Happy shopping!

• William Brand

"The larger the screen, the most expensive the laptop" is not usually true. Take a look at ultraportables or something like the Dell Adamo series. However, large screen laptops do normally support faster hardware for his purposes he'd probably want to go higher.

On Accessories I wouldn't bother with worrying about them. If yo're spending a couple grand on a laptop like the OP will then the cheap wireless mouse they include isn't a big deal.

Operating system he'll probably want to stick to Windows. He's an engineering student, and may need to run some specific software like AutoCAD.