Why does my laptop crash when I run it on battery power?

MAHENDRAN THURAIAPPAH October 3, 2011

Whenever I use my battery to run the laptop, after five minutes of use, my laptop closes (hangs) and shuts down. The error message says that there is an error in the Credential Manager. How do I correct this?

Which laptop do you use ?

You can try to run another laptop (same model if anybody you know owns one ) on the same battery,

If the same things happens on the other laptop, then the the battery is your problem.

may be it is time to change it.

Hello, I am pretty sure that an error on the credential manager would not shut your computer.  Most likely is that your battery is almost dead and needs a replacement.  Sometimes depending on how much charge your battery can hold, you can reset the battery but not to a 100% charge. 

Make sure to discharge the battery completely.  Once the battery is fully discharged, take the battery off.  Hold the power button for at least 30 seconds to discharge any remaining charge.  Once that is done, put battery back and charge for at least 12 hours.  Try not to use your laptop while it is charging.  When battery is fully charged, use your laptop with battery untill it is fully discharged and repeat the same procedure for at least 3 times. This process is proven to recover some charge for your batteries as long as batteries are not completelly dead.

go to services.msc, set the credential manager service to disabled.
    reboot, then change it back to manual.

Can you post the error that is asserted into even viewer?

Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer -> Windows Logs Tab -> Find the error (probably in 'system'). I don't think that the error message and your battery issue are related.

5. Mjevolve

first make sure your laptop battery is is good shape and has ample power reserve to sustain a live laptop .

if running Win 7 , go to Performance n Information n Tool n see if windows reports any thing , about battery .
    or 
    use a third party Battery Tester and see .

then go to Event Viewer . ( right click on my computer and then click on manage and see for where it says event viewer .)
    and see for any messages .

or 

look here and see what does it report --

Right click in Computer, choose Manage. In three view on the left choose
    Applications and Service
    Logs->Microsoft->Windows->Diagnostic-Performance->Operational.