Which laptop should I buy?

peter March 4, 2010

I wanna buy a laptop of the price range $600-$1000, the one with at least 2GHz processor, 4GB RAM, 320GB memory, a remote, webcam, an Intel core 2duo processor, DVD R/W and Nvidia graphics. I would prefer a hp, Dell or Sony one.
Which should I buy? I am a student and I wanna use it for entertainment purpose.

1. Thesetd222

you really need to watch what video card your laptop has. I HIGHLY suggest ASUS computers. Some of the best hardware in the market and now they make very affordable machines. Laptops very from $400 t0 $800.Thank for sharing.

2. pceasies

I know someone who recently got an Alienware MX11 mini-laptop/netbook. It comes with dedicated/hybrid graphics, 4GB, Core 2 Duo, good hard drive. It's a great little laptop. Might want to look into that.

3. ænon1mus

Oh looks like I was right! Check out the results of our latest poll. Apple was voted the best laptop to buy.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/laptop-brand-makeuseof-poll/

4. ænon1mus

Sounds like you need a MacBook

Never used Asus so can't say anything about it. My friend has one and pretty happy with it. I think many would also agree that ASUS beats everyone when it comes to prices.

I also second Sony VAIO. I currently have Sony VAIO VGN-FZ21S and it's the best laptop I have ever had. Fast and nice looking laptop. I am sure you can get one in your price range.

6. timmyjohnboy

BestBuy is a good place to go but you'd probably find better prices at http://TigerDirect.com or http://NewEgg.com. At NewEgg there is a reviews section to see what others are saying about different laptops, etc. but I'm sure you can run searches for specs on both sites.

7. Taty

If by entertainment you mean gaming, you really need to watch what video card your laptop has. I HIGHLY suggest ASUS computers. Some of the best hardware in the market and now they make very affordable machines. Laptops very from $400 t0 $1000.
    Their higher end gaming laptop is $999 at BestBuy.
    Was trying to post the URL for you, but the link is so long it keeps getting corrupted. Even the Bit URL, so just search for ASUS Laptops at Bestbuy.com. The highest end model is G72GX-RBBX05.
    But you would go right with most of their machines (except for the ee-pc, which is not a laptop, but a netbook. It's a good netbook though)

The other option would be to go with the Sony. Good hardware, good features, a bit pricey, but great looking machines too.

8. Steve Campbell

Peter,

I recently purchased a laptop that has everything you've described (dual core processor, 4GB RAM, 320GB hard drive, webcam, card reader, etc.) and it only cost me $500. My laptop is a Gateway and it works great, although Sony's, Dell's, and HP's are great too.

There is no right way to answer your question. I would shoot over to bestbuy.com and do some research to find something in your price range. You can select up to 3 laptops you like and click compare to view their stats side-by-side. Its' great!