Which is the best laptop brand to work with Photoshop CS3 and CS5?
Question by ANIL PARMAR /

I want to buy a laptop to use Photoshop CS3 or CS5 and for demonstration of video files to the costumers. Being a photographer, I want to say that it should be within or below my budget and durable. Which models would you suggest?

• Roberto Blake

I wrote a detailed article explaining what is necessary in picking up a Photoshop CS6 Laptop now that the new software is out, but it is a general guideline for any Adobe product you want to run. The long and short of it comes down to a laptop that can handle games can handle these programs as they prioritize many of the same things.

I have the details at this link:

• Jesse Lindsay

I use a dell studio 17 and it’s hands down the best laptop I have ever for photoshop

• ajay konidena

WORST laptop is SONY VAIO. you will phase every problem .i am writing this lines by experience.if you buy this lappy. you have to go service center in future on and off .dispay problem mainly key board problems. go for other than sony product .i get it with in first day i phased key board problem ,”backspace” key came out from key board. negligence answer from customer care service . service is worst .everything everything is worst don’t go for sony please please.another complaint is sound problem in my sony mobile phone.after some days i got display problems also . thing SONY PRODUCTS are worst in the world

• Jeff Fabish

I agree with the Dell XPS suggestion. Whichever laptop you chose, make sure it meets the Photoshop requirements. Dell will let you customize your laptop. 

However, you can do photo/video editing much cheaper. You could use Ubuntu Studio which was specifically designed at the graphics editing community, all the tools come with it. Linux applications tend to be smaller so your hardware could viably edit photos already.

you need 1 gb RAM, For photo shop cs5official site : http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/tech-specs.htmlyou can go for any model of any brand which has this sepecifiacation.I prefer Dell. because of their cutomer care and hardware warranty, they will replace any part during first year for free.It starts from starting form 28000 Rs (without OS).

I think the best for you is, inspiron n4110 34,000-35,000 Rs with 3 gb RAM, graphics card included, windows 7.If you order online, you will get benefits and tv display cables with delivery in 10 days.For photo shop cs5 you need 1 gb RAM.DELL has minimum 2 GB Ram in all models.You can call 1800-425-4026 for more details

Adobe Photoshop CS5 /
    Tech specs :
    Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon® 64 processorMicrosoft® Windows® XP with Service Pack 3; Windows
    Vista® Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise with Service Pack
    1 (Service Pack 2 recommended); or Windows 71GB of RAM1GB of available hard-disk space for installation;
    additional free space required during installation (cannot install on
    removable flash storage devices)1024×768 display (1280×800 recommended) with qualified
    hardware-accelerated OpenGL graphics card, 16-bit color, and 256MB of
    VRAMSome GPU-accelerated features require graphics support for Shader Model 3.0 and OpenGL 2.0DVD-ROM driveQuickTime 7.6.2 software required for multimedia featuresBroadband Internet connection required for online
    services and to validate Subscription Edition (if applicable) on an
    ongoing basis*