What can I do if my laptop does not have an Administrator account?
Question by Claire /

I own a laptop given to me. In user accounts there is only one. No option for a guest, I can’t make an account for myself. The only one account is Limited. What can I do? Anything?

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , , .
Windows Hacks & Customization
Windows Hacks & Customization
Windows_10
Windows_10
Windows Troubleshooting
Windows Troubleshooting
Best Windows Software
Best Windows Software

Claire,

what is your operating system and version do you have? In any case, your computer does have an Administrator account, you just don’t see it.

What you can do if you have Windows is to log into Safe Mode and see whether there is a password on the Administrator account. The default is no password, i.e. you leave the password field empty and just hit Enter. Once you’re logged in, you can create an Administrator account for yourself or add a password to the existing one.

To go into Safe Mode, reboot your computer and continuously hit F8 until your computer asks you whether you want to boot in Safe Mode. If you see the Windows logo screen, you missed the right time point to go into Safe Mode. Just reboot and try again.

More information about Windows Safe Mode here: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/start-windows-safe-mode/

Let us know how it worked and whether you need more help!