How can I make a LAN connection between two computers?
Question by Neeraj Rasaily /

Could you please tell me about how I can make a LAN connection between two computers? Please tell me what I should do to connect LAN in details.

did the above suggestions help you set up that LAN connection between two computers? Please let us know where you struggled and how you solved the issue!

You can always create a wireless LAN. Of course, it depends on which operating system you have, but Windows 7 supports this. What you do is make your own computer into a wireless access point to which other computers can connect. The two big advantages of this is that you don’t need a cable and it allows for multiple computers to be connected.
    However, the speed will be slow, since it’s wireless and especially when your computer is not the asker/receiver of files, because as the access point, all traffic flows through your computer.
    This type of network is called an “ad-hoc network” and this can be easily done through your network center. In Windows 7, it goes like this:

1. Open network center
    2. Manage wireless networks
    3. Add
    4. Configure an ad-hoc network

Everything is self-evident from there. Good luck! :)

If you’re looking to transfer big files, stick to USB or external hard drives, which will be much faster. Even LAN cables will only give you a percentage of the speed you can have with external storage devices.

• Jack Cola

Oh, and you should read this post that was published today. It is exactly what you are asking

• Jack Cola

To connect to computers to each other, you need to purchase a crossover cable.
    By using a crossover cable, you do not need a router or switch. This method only allows two computers to be connected, unless your computers have two network cards and they are bridged together.

Once the computers are connected by the cable, in your Operating System, just open the network connect setting page, and run the setup.
    I can’t give you more software help because you haven’t listed your operating system