How can I at once label and archive multiple eMails in GMail?

John March 12, 2011

When I pull up 20 or so Mails from the same sender, like when I want to save my MakeUseOf eMail, GMail doesn’t give me an option to label all of them at once. I can only do it individually. Is there a work around or add-on? Thank you.

1. Dwittekiend

I have multiple labeled folders that I want to archive.
    I select one folder and it does not give me the option
    to archive. I can archive my emails that are in the inbox
    that are not yet labeled.

Emails that are not in your inbox are are in your archive. They may also be labelled.

What you can do is remove the label. Simply mark all of them, then go to the label icon in the bar on top and uncheck the respective label in the list. That way you could also assign a different label.

2. Johnmackenziemiller

These have been very helpful. Thank you very much.

Thanks for the feedback, John!

Hi

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=118708

Gmail Tips: The Complete Collection
    http://www.g04.com/misc/GmailTipsComplete.html

Setting up the filter
    Creating the file archive takes less than five minutes. Here’s what to do:

1.Go to the Labels column and click Edit Labels at the bottom
    2.At the bottom of the Labels list in Settings, create a “Files” label in the Create a new label box
    3.In Settings, click Filters, then Create a new filter
    4.In the From textbox, enter your Gmail address. Leave the other textboxes blank
    5.Check the Has attachment checkbox, then click Next Step
    6.Under the Choose action set of checkboxes, check Skip the Inbox(Archive it) and Apply the label:
    7.After the latter checkbox, select the new “Files” label from the dropdown menu
    8.Recommended: If you want to retroactively apply the filter to all of the emails you’ve sent containing attachments, check Also apply filter to [xxx] conversations below
    9.Click Update Filter

Now, when you click on your Files label, you’ll see a list of every email you’ve sent to yourself or to others that contains a file. Since the emails are archived automatically, you can email files to yourself without cluttering your inbox. You can create more refined filters with the above procedure by create specific labels for each file type — separate “Documents” and “Spreadsheets” labels would correspond to filters for Word documents and Excel spreadsheets respectively. I prefer the simplicity of a single label, but don’t hesitate to customize the process as needed.

Hello, have a read of this article. It might help you accomplish what you want:
    http://email.about.com/od/popfiletips/qt/et_popfile_gmai.htm

5. shankar

The filter method:
    Go to settings, filter and set a filter for the mails u want. Eg: u want makeuseof mails to go into one folder, in the keywords field, type makeuseof. Also, set a label for it. Now all the mails containing makeuseof keyword will go into that folder automatically. u also have the option for skipping the inbox for those mails.

The labeling method:
    You can select multiple mails and click the Archive button at the top left corner to send them to archive box. To move an email to a label, select a mail and click labels and from the dropdown, click a label of your choice or create a new one. All your selected mails will now be labeled.