Why won’t my Kudos 2 demo open on my PC?

Mwaka September 5, 2011

I don’t know why it won’t open and this little message comes up!

Saying D3D Error:
Please contact Kudos site for tech display support details [Setupdisplaymode] Why does it keep coming up and how do I fix this

Possible to run with administrative rights

open up the file 'config.muf' from the games data directory and set ColorDepth=16 instead of =32.

or

using windows 7 under compatibility mode for vista service pack 2 and disable the advanced backgrounds in game setting

Hi Mwaka,

The developers did not provide any other details on this error specifically, however stated that the only resolution this was tested on was 1280x800. Read more on that here.

From the developers:
    " The game should run fine in a window. To do this, open the file called
    'config.muf' in the games 'data' folder using windows notepad and change
    the line that says IsWindowed=0 to IsWindowed=1"

The developers stated that you should first try updating your drivers. I recommend using SlimDrivers to do this.

You should also make sure you're using the latest version of DirectX. If you're running windows 7 you should have DirectX 11. You can check by going to start -> run/search and type "dxdiag" without quotes. Then a directx diagnostics tool will appear, find "DirectX Version: " just above "Check for WHQL digitial signatures".

You may receive better support from a community that is dedicated to Kudos, try their forums.